Menu

Easy Grammar and Daily Grams questions -

rafiki

I'm not sure what you mean by book two.

Right now I'm using "Daily Guided Teaching and Review for Grade 2" with both my 1st and 2nd grader.

I intend on keeping my 1st grader working through this book until she becomes a third grader or finishes the book next year in the second grade--whichever comes first.

If she has a miraculous improvement in her reading ability I may keep her with her brother and promote her to Easy Grammar 3 and Daily Grams grade 3 next fall whether she finishes the book she's in now or not.

Before the children (1st and 2nd grader) begin a lesson in book I review the definitions of all 8 parts of speech, I administer a spelling test on prepositions (using the list from the third grade Easy Grammar), I review capitalization and punctuation rules that they have already been exposed to by writing examples relevant to their lives on the board.

Without this kind of "prep" I don't think this program would work at all--at least not with my kids.

you could easily take two years to finish any Easy Grammar book, although as Myrtle says, the second book is Daily Guided Teaching and Review for Grade 2, and there isn't a Daily Grams to go with it.

For subsequent books, though, I wouldn't use both EG and DG *and* take two years to finish one book. Actually, I don't usually recommend doing both simultaneously, anyway--EG one year, Daily Grams the next, EG the following year, and so on. I just don't think it's necessary to do them both.