Menu

So, how many of you former lurkers had to buckle down and register? :+)

They were so hard to keep up with though.This is easier to read.I'll have to have my children help me figure out how to do avatars and things like that now though.I lurked for years.Dial up wasn't too great for trying to post.I'd be in the middle of typing and everything would shut down.

in that I read more than I posted, but I DID post.

Been away since before Christmas (long story, involving, in part, an entire cup of coffee dumped on my computer on Christmas day at Disneyland).

Returned to find this format and thought Ick! Pooey! But I have to say that it's already growing on me.

And what the heck? It was a good time to change my board name.....

I prefer the old way of doing things (makes it easier for lurkers to pick and choose what to read) but since all forums seem to go this route, I guess I need to join the 21st century, too. Actually, I agree with the philosophy behind this change (security) and I should embrace technology since I am a computer programmer by trade/education (and trying to get back into that world). So, hi all.:D

This is my first post ever. I am a mom of one. I afterschool my daughter and use the information I have learned to better her public school education. I haven't posted because I didn't think I had much to say. I work full time and am a single parent. It is good to see the faces of the names I have learned so well the last three years!:D

Raising my hand over here...though I too think the term "lurker" sounds creepy. I've only posted on the old boards 2-3 times, but have found a wealth of info on them over the past 4 years. We've been in Japan for almost 3 years now, so the time difference affected my involvement...that and the old forums were simply easier to scan through and not be too involved in.

I lurk all the time, but rarely posted. I love the new format, so I'll be around more. :D

This is exactly my setiment. I posted a few times before but really wondered why we were using that. With the new format, it's so much better and easier. I don't have to open all those links to follow a conversation, it's better organized. I'll be here more too.

I posted a handful of times on the old boards but read them most every day. I have two kids but they are young...4 and 15 months...so I sort of feel like a homeschooling-wanna-be-mom. We plan on homeschooling and I love coming here and looking at people's blogs to get ideas and be inspired. But I haven't felt like I have much to add to the conversation....yet. :)