Menu

I'm beginning to see the importance of teaching kids logic

Peggy in Ks

I started off using the Mindbenders A & B CDs by the Critical Thinking Co. and the The Thinking Toolbox by Nathaniel Bluedorn in 5th grade. In 6th grade, we moved to the Mindbenders C & D CDs and The Fallacy Dectective. This combination and progression worked out well for us. It has been a great introduction to Logic, but not too overwhelming.

Beth,

I'm planning on using the Fallacy Detective with my (next year) 6th grader. Do you recommend going through The Thinking Toolbox first? Thanks.

I'm not Beth, but I do own both books. I personally think The Teaching Toobox would be better suited for 5th/6th and the other for 7th and above. The Thinking Toolbox does not list ages, but The Fallacy Detective lists for ages 13 through adult.

Hope that helps some.

I'm not Beth, but I do own both books. I personally think The Teaching Toobox would be better suited for 5th/6th and the other for 7th and above. The Thinking Toolbox does not list ages, but The Fallacy Detective lists for ages 13 through adult.

Hope that helps some.

OK, I just found in my The Thinking Toolbox book that it, too, was written for ages 13 to adult (hidden in the opening pages). I will stick to my first post though...I think "Toolbox" is easier to use/understand than "fallacy" and would be better suited for a 6th grader (we used both for high school). Perhaps waiting till 7th to begin either book would be best. Probably depends on the child though. :D