Menu

I just got an email from my aunt. Two of my cousins (also cousins to each other) had their gallbladders removed--one yesterday and one today. Weird, huh?

Another cousin also has had hers removed. That means my brothers and I are the only cousins who still have our gallbladders.

Everyone I know who has had their gall bladder removed had lost a bunch of weight within the last year or two.

I wonder what all sort of factors come into play with gall bladder problems?

The four "F's"

Forty(ish)

Female

Fat

Fertile

I'm a prime candidate. :P

Rapid weight loss is associated bigtime with gall bladder issues, definitely.

Everyone I know who has had their gall bladder removed had lost a bunch of weight within the last year or two.

I wonder what all sort of factors come into play with gall bladder problems?

One of the cousins who had hers out this week had gastric by-pass surgery a little over a year ago and has lost almost 200 lbs. I have a friend who had her gall bladder removed two weeks ago and I don't think she's lost weight recently, though--she is a runner and was out running a week after her surgery. That's crazy!

she is a runner and was out running a week after her surgery. That's crazy!

Nah, gall bladder surgery isn't what it used to be. Just kinda bandaid surgery. They blow you up with air, make a tiny incision, go in, clip the gall bladder off, remove it, and put a couple stitches in and you go home with a bandaid. (Well, pretty much.)

The worse part is the air rising and making your shoulders ache.

The four "F's"

Forty(ish)

Female

Fat

Fertile

That's interesting. Two of the three cousins are not fertile (PCOS for one and years of infertility for the other) and they are all in their 20's and 30's. But they are female and fat...um, like me.

Nah, gall bladder surgery isn't what it used to be. Just kinda bandaid surgery. They blow you up with air, make a tiny incision, go in, clip the gall bladder off, remove it, and put a couple stitches in and you go home with a bandaid. (Well, pretty much.)

The worse part is the air rising and making your shoulders ache.

If I have an internal organ removed, I'd like to at least lie around for a few days! :lol:

The four "F's"

Forty(ish)

Female

Fat

Fertile

Oh Good, I'm not fertile, so I'm off the hook, right?!!:hurray: