Menu

Ds took SAT today

So what if his score is really low? I honestly am hoping he gets 1000. (not counting the writing/grammar section)

Will his transcripts (he has around a 3.3 GPA) be questioned? He will have 7 classes from CC when he applies to a 4 yr college, so that will help, I think. But I don't know!

Most colleges (but do check the ones you're interested in) take both the SAT & the ACT. Some kids do better on the ACT. An easy way to get an indication is to borrow an ACT prep book from the library and have him take a few practice tests. If he does fairly well, then it might be worth having him study for and take the ACT.

HTH,

Brenda

I agree with Brenda - many kids test better on the one than on the other and all the colleges my dd applied to accepted either. She sent only her SAT scores up as she didn't do as well on the writing portion of the ACT (after scoring a perfect 800 on the SAT - go figure!)

From what I have read, it seems to look bad if you take the SAT more than twice (remember all SAT scores reflect when the scores are sent to a college). But, you can take the ACT as often as you want - and then choose the best score to send to colleges.

So - don't stress - your son has many options.

Meryl