Menu

Have you ever made a cheesecake in a disposable pan?

I would like to give cheesecakes as a gift, but I've never made one in an aluminum foil pan. I've always used a springform pan. If I use an aluminum one, will I need to worry about the cheesecake cooking properly? I don't want to use the store bought graham cracker crust because I'd rather make it all fresh.

I just googled "disposable cheesecake pan" and I see that they come in a regular 10" cheesecake size, but I'm wondering how it would turn out if I used a smaller size.

Thoughts?

I have made cheesecake in the pans that come with the premade crusts. (I know, I know. It was in the early days when I first started making cheesecakes. I haven't done it in over 20 years now.) Anyway, it worked fine, but not all the filling fit in.

These days I just slide the cheesecake off the bottom part of the pan onto a disposable serving plate, which is often made of a cardboard box cut to shape and covered in foil. I'm not sure I've come a long way since the premade crust days. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the suggestions. I think that I will try to make the cheesecake in the regular springform pan, but I'll line it with something. I wonder if I could sub wax paper for the parchment paper? Or if I could cover the entire bottom with aluminum foil and try to lift the whole cheesecake off the springform bottom?

You have given me some food for thought. (I couldn't resist. :))

we always use slip-bottom pans. If we are giving away a cheesecake, we use our normal slip-bottom pan then take it out of the pan and put it on a cardboard cake round, put it in the box, and wrap it plastic wrap.

dh did a dozen cheesecakes for his nephew's wedding reception, and we only used four pans. they all transfered (and transported) just fine.