Menu

cooking brownies on a baking sheet ???

I have a cookie exchange tomorrow and I thought that thin, square, brownie-like cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar might be something kind of different to take.

Has anyone taken a traditional brownie mix and spread it over a baking sheet (with sides) before?

What temp oven?

How long to bake?

How many boxes of mix will it take to fill one baking sheet?

I'd like to use a boxed mix because I'm working today ( need to leave in a few minutes) and will have limited time tomorrow.

I suppose I could just make traditional brownies and sprinkle with powedered sugar? But I'd like to make them thinner and a little crispy.

Thanks!

:D

I'm thinking back to my days as a Pampered Chef consultant, when I used to make a dessert that used a brownie "crust" (topped with fruit and pudding). I'd use one box of brownie mix, with the regular added ingredients, and spread it into a circle about 12-13" in diameter (on a baking stone, you need parchment to keep the batter from running off the sides). It was baked for about 15 minutes, I think. How big is your cookie sheet?

Wendi