Menu

What to serve with potato soup?

I would do a spinach salad. One with baby spinach, sliced strawberries, glazed nuts, and blue cheese. I like the Brianna's blush wine vinaigrette salad dressing (it has a strawberry on the label). It's nice and tangy. I think the salad needs to have a tart dressing to contrast with the creaminess of the soup.

ETA: I've also had a good spinach salad with baby spinach, granny smith apples, golden raisins, and cashews served with a tangy-type dressing. Just thought I would add that since strawberries are pretty expensive right now.

I like those Red-Lobster type biscuits, too. Yummy! :D

Edited by Hoggirl

I know a lot of people are suggesting bread, but that's the last thing I'd serve with such a rich, heavy soup like that. You get a carb-loaded soup and a then carbs to accompany?? That will make everyone lethargic afterward, which is not what I'd want to do to guests. That also doesn't make for a balanced meal. I like Hoggirl's idea of a spinach salad with strawberries, or perhaps a tray of crudités with a non-cream based dip. I would serve a lighter dessert, too. Pears are in season -- maybe cinnamon poached pears with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

Sure! They're called Cheddar Garlic Biscuits.

2 cups Bisquick original baking mix

2/3 cup milk

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Heat oven to 450. Mix together the Bisquick and garlic powder together. Then add cheese and milk until soft dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.

After I take the biscuits out of the oven, I brush the butter on top of each biscuit. They really are delicious. Also, you can adjust the amount of garlic powder and butter ( I actually think I use more butter than 2 tbs) to your liking.

Enjoy!

I usually double this recipe when making them.

Edited by Momof3Maidens

Cheese/hard meats. On soup night, we like to have like 3-4 types of cheeses and meats on a big cutting board.

Crusty bread would be good (served with olive oil or butter). Bread is always great for DUNKING (my mother just cringed). mmmmm, I'm hungry now!!