Menu

Percytruffle: I just spent a pleasant 30 minutes at your blogs.

I love your art! You are so much farther along the artistic path than I am- I am self-taught and just learning, and your work is very inspirational for me! THanks for putting it out there.

I think we should start one of those blog rings- "Homeschooling moms who make art" or Artist moms who happen to homeschool, or something like that!

Oh LB, you made my day! How very sweet of you to say that. I am still learning too; don't sell yourself short, fellow artist. We are all learning together:). It's so nice to be able to share with and talk with other artists that are also homeschoolers. I feel like I never accomplish enough, but then I remember, oh yeah, I do homeschool still! That's kind of a big job. Maybe we do need to start a support group for accountability and encouragement.

Thanks for giving me encouragement tonight:D

Lisa

You ladies are making my head spin. I better get into my studio soon! I've been spending my time applying for an art teacher position at a local Christian school for this fall and scheduling classes I'm offering to the local hs group this spring. Hopefully that will all be resolved soon and I can get back at my art. I'll keep you all updated.

Can't wait to see your Etsy shop LB!

I love your art! You are so much farther along the artistic path than I am- I am self-taught and just learning, and your work is very inspirational for me! THanks for putting it out there.

Here's a thought...

Quit letting that 'self-taught' label hold you back. Do you think most artists have formal training? I think the majority just have an artistic soul. It's just part of the person. You are, simply, an Artist.

Here's a thought...

Quit letting that 'self-taught' label hold you back. Do you think most artists have formal training? I think the majority just have an artistic soul. It's just part of the person. You are, simply, an Artist.

Smacking forehead and saying in my best Carrie Fischer voice, "You're right, you're right, I know you're right."

I keep saying I am letting go of the wanna-be artist story, but then I hang on to it a little bit- I think I can tend to use it as an excuse for not producing. If I am an artist, then I need to BE the artist! If I can conquer just this one thing, this year, I will have come a long way.