Menu

Oh, you guys and your influence!

I bought 10, yes 10, reusable bags at Meijer today. I spent $130 on groceries and only filled 5! LOL So, i took two more to the produce store and filled those. I figure I can keep 5 in the car and 5 in the house and just rotate them, so I'll never forget to take them with me.

The Meijer bags are a pretty royal blue, so I chose those over the black Walmart ones or the higher-priced red Target ones. I'm resourceful AND thrifty! LOL

I love the reusable bags too! I tell everyone about how great they are and then.....

95% of the time I forget to bring them in when I go shoppping. :willy_nilly:

Yep - they're wonderful - when I remember to bring them. (Seriously - much easier to get the groceries into the house!)

And when I took them with me to get groceries the last time, the goofy lady checking me out couldn't figure out that she was supposed to put my groceries in them! I understood when, out of habit, she started putting things in a plastic bag. But, when I pointed out the reusable bags and asked her to use them, she seemed baffled and kept putting things in the plastic bag. Obviously they need to do a little more employee training.

My son informed me this evening that baggers don't like them, especially when an older person comes through with them. He said for elderly people, you're not supposed to bag as heavily as for we youngun's and it's difficult to pack them lightly and use them all and then you get angry little old ladies who get argumentative.

I think he had a bad day today. LOL

And when I took them with me to get groceries the last time, the goofy lady checking me out couldn't figure out that she was supposed to put my groceries in them! I understood when, out of habit, she started putting things in a plastic bag. But, when I pointed out the reusable bags and asked her to use them, she seemed baffled and kept putting things in the plastic bag. Obviously they need to do a little more employee training.

Or the one at our local Meijer that wraps it all in the plastic bags first, so that nothing spills in them!