Menu

Passport 2 Purity==any reviews?

A friend mentioned that I might want to do this with my 14dd. She didnt' know about it in time to do it with her own daughter but said she had heard good things about it.

Any reviews, hints, ideas, warnings, etc?

Dd is 14, well into puberty but socially a bit immature and in 8th grade.

How much time does this take over the weekend? Is there still time for going out to eat, swimming, maybe watching a DVD in the hotel room, etc?

A friend mentioned that I might want to do this with my 14dd. She didnt' know about it in time to do it with her own daughter but said she had heard good things about it.

How much time does this take over the weekend? Is there still time for going out to eat, swimming, maybe watching a DVD in the hotel room, etc?

I have this and have loaned it out 2x to friends who used it....they loved it. They recommended listening ahead of time to all the cds...they made up gift bags for the activities prior to the w/e and took their dtrs away...listened to a few of the cds enroute as it was less awkward that way...then stayed at a hotel, went miniature golfing, swam, ate out etc...they ended the w/e with a nicer dinner and gave their dtrs a 'purity ring'.

So, yes, I think there is still plenty of time to watch a dvd and do fun stuff...thanks for the reminder...now where did I put it??? :) My girls are 10 and 11 so I will probably wait a couple of yrs.

This might be helpful.

http://thehomeschoolmagazine.com/Homeschool_Reviews/reviews.php?rid=259

A really neat mom wrote this and it might give you some insight.

• 3 months later...

I used it with DD and it was excellent. We didn't do the write-in-the-book studf or activities - just listened and talked. All the material was clear, honest, and tastefully done. We went away for the night to run a 5k and did it in the car there and back. It's a lot of material - so we skipped the dating lesson. It was great but my dd was tires of "serious" talk by the end so you may want to pace it out more. I highly recommend it!!!!

We've used this with each of our kids when they turn 13. We go away for a night or two, two is better. So, yes there is more cost than just the cost of the kit. You do need to buy a few small items - puzzle, chocolate/prizes, balloons, etc. But really the biggest expense is where you go to get away and what you do for your "special" activity. With five of the seven having gone through it, I can honestly say that this is one of the best investments we've made in parenting.

I wouldn't wait until they are 14! It is designed to be done BEFORE puberty at around 10 or 11.

:iagree:

Don't wait. It was great. DD and I did this. Next dd keeps reminding me it's her turn. I love the fact that it starts conversation on every topic. It's never taboo to pick up where you left off and discuss it further.

"You know how we talked about ______ on our weekend? I was reading this book and one of the characters............"

Well worth it.

I wouldn't wait until they are 14! It is designed to be done BEFORE puberty at around 10 or 11.

We decided to wait as our daughter has some special needs and is developmentally much more like a 10-11 year old than her true age (now just turned 15). At 10-11 she would not have been ready for this but now is a good time for her.

I know a mom who did this with her son (they stayed at home) because her DH just wasn't into doing it with their son. It worked out fine. So you don't have to go away..I think girls would enjoy the weekend away more than boys but I could be wrong.