Menu

Homeschooling letter from Pitt

creekland

My experience leads me to believe that there are more homeschool-friendly colleges than non-homeschool-friendly colleges. I think that Creekland is on the right track to alert parents of potential problems when they occur.

:iagree:

I have also read of parents writing a letter to the President of the college/university if the parent believes that the school's homeschool requirements are excessive/unfair. In more than one instance, the college has modified its homeschooling policies after receiving this letter.

We will be composing a letter this weekend. During the week is just way too hectic with me working full time and kiddo taking his college class and keeping up on his other subjects during the day and activities at night. Plus, he has scholarship application deadlines we're trying to make progress on.

I think he's warming up to the idea of dropping Pitt as the letter itself is rather insulting. Maybe our letter to them will make some sort of difference for students in the future. I appreciate those who blazed the way before us making homeschooling applications easier at other colleges.