Menu

Dr Hive: What is going on in my leg?

I have what feels like a cell phone vibration in my leg. My phone is usually in my pocket on vibrate and there have been times that I have thought it was vibrating, only to pull it out and find it hasn't. Granted, my iPhone does not vibrate very strongly. Recently I have been having this feeling in other parts of my leg. Always the right leg. Usually it's just for a moment or 2, but at times it does it for quite a while. It does not hurt, just makes me crazy because it feels weird.

I'm scared to start looking online because I don't want to panic over something I hope is very minor (because it's always cancer or something scary online!). However, I do want to know if it's something that is important. So I am turning to the ever helpful Dr. Hive. :001_smile:

The problem is most likely NOT in your leg-- most likely your back or possibly your hip. Some nerve (thankfully not a pain one) is being triggered (pressured) and is responding.

A visit to a chiropractor may help...

If the frequency increases then you may want to visit your GP-- and if you have good insurance, a orthopedic surgeon. My first visit to the ortho was YEARS before my back surgery-- his advice really helped and it was great to know where the problem was coming from.