Menu

Polymer Clay Chess Anyone?

My ds created a spiffy chess set out of polymer clay back when he was but a wee 7th grader. I've shared it on my blog Percytruffle's Place

We've used polymer clay for many things in our homeschool journey: catapolt replicas, models of the Parthenon, random art projects...

Do you use polymer clay? It seems to be one of our favorite hands-on additions to our little homeschool:D

Have a fun and creative day!!

at Christmas one time. All the pawns were snowmen, one set wearing green and the other red. Father Christmas was the King, Rudolph for a bishop, an elf for the knight and sleighs for the castle . It was so much fun to make. My kids have really enjoyed making things with sculpey Fimo as well.

Tis a tradition that has been past down from my mother. i would come home from school in the fall and she would be making Christmas ornaments (angles) with the white sculpey, and then paint them.

Cheri

Yeah, they play at tournaments and have their ratings. They also play on Internet Chess Club (ICC) -- very serious community for chess players. They play 15 minute games all the time. There is also a trainingbot that goes through lessons. It is discounted for school kids, but you have to send in a faxed birth certificate which is a pain! Oh well, it is worth the effort.

OMG! You made me laugh out loud! It isn't the most common name to hear, that's for sure. Two of my three cats, the two large fluffy males are named Percy (Sir Percival) and Truffle. I have thought about how weird it must seem to some people and have actually considered changing it to something more, um, "normal", but you just confirmed why I shouldn't, it's memorable.

You've inspired my ds! They love sculpey and chess and were very intrigued to see what your ds had done. Thanks for all the details about creating the pieces. They just discovered sculpey a few months ago and have been surprisingly adept with it. They particularly enjoyed hearing how he achieved some of the effects for texture and antiquing. Thanks!