Menu

Speaking of Johns Hopkins - has anyone used Descartes' Cove math CDS?

I haven't seen them, but I do see mention of them occasionally on the TAGMAX list. The reviews are always good, even given the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My son (11) is using Descartes Cove right now for enrichment. They are really well done and certainly make you think! I highly recommend them. There was a promotional code going around that you could use to get the CD's for half price. I will dig around and see if I can find it for you.

Annika

Everyone I know who uses them thinks they're great... except DS. He tried them out briefly and hated them. *sigh* Fortunately it was at a friend's house, so I wasn't out the $150 or whatever.

The odds are greatly in your favor -- seriously he's the only kid I know who hates them (although I've heard of a few who got bored before a year was out) -- but if there's any way you could try out someone else's first it might be worth the effort.

Hi Sue,

Here is the code for you to try to get Descarte's Cove for half off. The code is LAUNIFIEDGT. I don't think it works for an online order. I believe you have call to use the code. There is a phone # on their website to phone in orders. I hope this still works for you!

Good Luck!

Annika

• 8 months later...
Hi Sue,

Here is the code for you to try to get Descarte's Cove for half off. The code is LAUNIFIEDGT. I don't think it works for an online order. I believe you have call to use the code. There is a phone # on their website to phone in orders. I hope this still works for you!

Good Luck!

Annika

Thanks, I was about to purchase this through the Homeschool buyer co-op for $45 off, but half is great.