Menu

Dizzy and light-headed

I get very dizzy whenever I move my head and fall over when I stand up. I am not blacking out, just lose my balance.

Anyone experience this when their sinuses are acting up? I don't have a sinus head ache but I can feel that my sinuses are full. My left ear, which is always full feeling and blocked, feels worse than normal.

I have been dieting so thought maybe it was because I was hungry, but I have eaten breakfast and it hasn't gone away.

I just took a benedryl and a mucus relief pill so hopefully that will help soon.

I get very dizzy whenever I move my head and fall over when I stand up. I am not blacking out, just lose my balance.

Anyone experience this when their sinuses are acting up? I don't have a sinus head ache but I can feel that my sinuses are full. My left ear, which is always full feeling and blocked, feels worse than normal.

I have been dieting so thought maybe it was because I was hungry, but I have eaten breakfast and it hasn't gone away.

I just took a benedryl and a mucus relief pill so hopefully that will help soon.

I had an experience like this a few months ago that was due to an inner ear infection. I was given medication for vertigo and spent a week in bed - because I couldn't get out of bed without getting so dizzy and nauseous that I'd be sick. How's your eyesight? I had a lot of double vision as well.

I had an experience like this a few months ago that was due to an inner ear infection. I was given medication for vertigo and spent a week in bed - because I couldn't get out of bed without getting so dizzy and nauseous that I'd be sick. How's your eyesight? I had a lot of double vision as well.

No double vision. Just can't move my head or stand :glare:

two or three (or maybe even four) times a year I get some kind of weird head. Sometimes there is pain with it (does not last long), sometimes not. I just get dizzy and my head feels strange.

I haven't had it seen about. I realized it only happens in the spring. I figure some kind of weird sinus thing is going on.

Yep. Allergies really wreck me. My head gets so full of nastiness that I often get dizzy while trying to stand. My teeth even hurt. Even though I can breathe through my nose, I still have that "full in the head" feeling. The real, behind-the-counter Sudafed helps a bit.

two or three (or maybe even four) times a year I get some kind of weird head. Sometimes there is pain with it (does not last long), sometimes not. I just get dizzy and my head feels strange.

I haven't had it seen about. I realized it only happens in the spring. I figure some kind of weird sinus thing is going on.

I have ongoing sinus issues but usually I just get a really bad head ache, so this is weird to be pain free but stuffy and dizzy.

I agree with the inner ear infection- I had this last fall and it lasted for over a week (the bouts came and went though).

Pain isn't always an indicator. Just excess fluid in the inner ear can throw your balance off dramatically.

Ok so will this clear up without antibiotics or do I need to see the doctor?

If you can take the sudafed, I would go w/ that. Works faster and does a better job. My brother has recently started wearing those magnetic bracelets to help w/ dizziness caused by sinus allergies. He said it helps.

I will take some if I don't start to feel better soon.

Well...

I have a history of ear infections since I was a baby, so *I* go in, b/c it tends to be quite bad for me.

Thanks. If I am still dizzy tomorrow or it gets worse, I will go to the clinic. I'd like to avoid antibiotics if possible.

I've had that. Washing out the sinuses help (using saline), if you can stand to bend over. Or use saline nasal spray. That in addition to the Mucinex.

I do have a sinus rinse kit and a sinus spray. I might try the spray. I forgot I had it!

I usually have this happen when the air turns cold as well. I am very prone to ear aches, so about this time of year I start making sure my ears are covered when I go out. I don't always like hats, so I have a few of those headbands. I usually keep one in my purse.

Hmm we have had some colder weather. I will grab a head band thing next time I go shopping.

i do occasionally get that....

If a decongestant doesn't work, try meclazine (you can get it over the counter and generic now). It is an anti-motion sickness med - but works well for the vertigo feelings.

If it never goes away, get evaluated for Meniers Syndrome.