Menu

How long does it take for Chicken Pox to "break out"?

DS5 has a odd rash on face, and some on his chest and back.

It's small bumps,...kind of like baby acne or something. Just showed up yesterday. For some reason, Chicken Pox came to mind, even though I know those are larger, fluid filled, more wart-like look.

But internet sites say that the rash is a first symptom.

Today a few more rash bumps.

Wondering how long, if it is Chicken Pox, until it actually blows up into "pox" and can be confirmed.

You're right about the rash first. Learn something new from this site every day! But I think they turn into the blisters within a day. Here are the symptoms from the Mayo Clinic site

The chickenpox rash goes through these three phases:

• Raised pink or red bumps (papules), which break out in different spots over several days
  • Fluid-filled blisters (vesicles), forming from the raised bumps over about one day before breaking and leaking
  • Crusts and scabs, which cover the broken blisters and take several more days to heal

Mary

Thanks.

Guess it's not CP....today he has a few more bumps around his other eye...but it's certainly not appearing like he's going to break out with pox. I would have thought that actual pox would have appeared by now, or way more bumps. He actually had a warm bath last night too, just cuz it was bath night.

Now I need to figure it what it is.:confused: