Menu

Frozen grapes really ok?

Are frozen grapes actually okay (okay, as in palatable) to eat? And once frozen, do they have to be eaten before they thaw because they get mushy and gross fully thawed? Frozen grapes seem like a good way to break your teeth.

I've never done this before but considering it for a long plane ride.

Are frozen grapes actually okay (okay, as in palatable) to eat? And once frozen, do they have to be eaten before they thaw because they get mushy and gross fully thawed? Frozen grapes seem like a good way to break your teeth.

They aren't rock hard, they're kind of like sherbet. I'm not sure how long they would last before getting mushy. They usually disappear long before then.

There was a thread on this very subject sometime during the summer. A lot of people commented that they love frozen grapes, including me. I heard a nutrition expert recommend keeping frozen grapes on hand as a quick, healthy and sweet pick-me-up in the afternoon instead of eating a high calorie treat.

The grapes do taste best in a frozen to semi-frozen state. After a week or two in the freezer they aren't so good though, so freeze small quantities or only as many as you will eat in a reasonable amount of time.

Bon appetit!

Lucinda

There was a thread on this very subject sometime during the summer. A lot of people commented that they love frozen grapes, including me. I heard a nutrition expert recommend keeping frozen grapes on hand as a quick, healthy and sweet pick-me-up in the afternoon instead of eating a high calorie treat.

The grapes do taste best in a frozen to semi-frozen state. After a week or two in the freezer they aren't so good though, so freeze small quantities or only as many as you will eat in a reasonable amount of time.

Bon appetit!

Lucinda[/quote

Yes, that was my post and here is a link. I got a lot of feedback about freezing grapes if you want to read them.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309218&highlight=grapes

I wanted to try it for half time at my dd's soccer game. I frozen them overnight and packed them into individual bags and packed on ice for the game. I have to say that by the time half-time came around they were already too thawed to taste good. It was a very hot day though. I have frozen them since at home and the kids enjoy them.

My kids like frozen grapes better then all other frozen fruits.

I usually buy a bag of five different frozen fruits from the store. Peaches, strawberries, pineapples, melon, and grapes. I use it to make smoothies. But it is also my easy go to snack when the kids say they are hungry and I don't want to do anything about it.

Great while frozen and not at all hard - sherbet-like, as someone else said. Disgusting when thawed. Don't do it unless you're going to eat them straight out of the freezer. I don't know how so many people bring them to soccer and so forth. They must have better coolers than I do.

Frozen grapes are probably my DS#1's favorite snack of all time.

I have a frozen fruit cocktail recipie that includes grapes. we eat it at the slushy stage.

ice wine is made from frozen grapes. people wouldn't pay those prices if it wasn't okay.