Menu

Homeschool recordkeeping-what do you use?

I use the basic Homeschool Tracker and I've never had it freeze up.

Maybe you should take it off your computer and re-download it?

Or maybe it's your computer, maybe you don't have enough space or memory for it to run properly.

You can always write everything down in a teacher's planner if you have to.

I used Homeschool Tracker for several years. Last year I realized I was spending too much time getting HST organized, entering lesson, plans, etc. When something would change and we would want to toss out a lesson plan I would feel bad about all the time I spent entering it and get frustrated with having to remove it from our schedules. Now I use two Moleskines and my fountain pen. One notebook is a plain line book where I write out loose lesson plans. The other is the small size yearly diary (just started 2008), where I transfer one weeks worth of lessons and any other activities at a time. Making a change is as easy as scribbling something out (which is kind of fun).

Ds10 works in blocks of time rather than exact assigned lessons, so I make a simpe note in the diary about where he is at the beginning of the week so I can be sure he makes adequate progress.

While we have no record keeping regulations here in OR, if I ever did need a formal record, it would be easy to go back through my notes and type one up.