Menu

Disney Homeschool Days

I just saw this posted on another thread but I didn't want to hijack the original poster.

Just curious if anyone here has any experience with the homeschooling programs offered by Walt Disney World in Florida. (Although if you have experience in Disneyland I could hear that too--- I just live closer to DisneyWorld)

How expensive? What were your thoughts? Did your kids like it? etc.

Thanks!

I'm trying to get a general price on the website but its asking all this other information first. I am hoping to just get an idea so I know if its totally out of our ballpark or not.

We are currently Disney passholders and I don't know if that entitles us to any discount or anything.....

We went in January. We did not, however, participate in any of the homeschool programs, we just took advantage of the price. I believe for 3-Day (non-park hopper) passes it was around $185 each. Worth every penny! Maybe if my children were older we would have done the programs but they didn't seem worth it to plan our whole vacation around the times they set up, kwim?

I just looked last week and it looked like the 5 day with vouchers to Disney quest and the watermarks was $156/person.

Dawn

I was just looking at it and it looks like for 4 day premium passes they are around 170 each, 5 day 180, etc. :)

I'm looking at possibly going next October. Here's hoping. :D

Oh crud.....I am wrong. Looks like prices have increased a bit. Not sure where I found those other prices, although it could be that I was looking at an old form.

The $156 tickets are now $179.

We are going in November with Carolina homeschoolers and it is $225 for 8 day hoppers and 8 vouchers. That is a bit more than the norm, but since we were planning to go that week anyway, it is still a huge savings over buying at the parks.

Dawn

Disney Youth Education Series Tickets

Ticket Description Your Price Number of Tickets

1-Day Home School Days Starter Package (For Florida Groups Only)

Admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park for one day. Park hopping not included.

$71.43

3-Day Home School Days Starter Package

Admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for three days. Your choice each day. Park hopping not included.

$128.37

3-Day Home School Days Hopper Package

Three days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like.

$146.48

3-Day Home School Days Premium Package

Three days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like. Three visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park.

$164.48

4-Day Home School Days Starter Package

Admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for four days. Your choice each day. Park hopping not included.

$136.20

4-Day Home School Days Hopper Package

Four days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like.

$153.65

4-Day Home School Days Premium Package

Four days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like. Four visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park.

$170.67

5-Day Home School Days Starter Package

Admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for five days. Your choice each day. Park hopping not included.

$145.11

5-Day Home School Days Hopper Package

Five days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like.

$162.45

5-Day Home School Days Premium Package

Five days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like. Five visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park.

$179.39

6-Day Home School Days Starter Package

Admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for six days. Your choice each day. Park hopping not included.

$156.24

6-Day Home School Days Hopper Package

Six days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like.

$173.48

6-Day Home School Days Premium Package

Six days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like. Six visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park.

$190.28

7-Day Home School Days Starter Package

Admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for seven days. Your choice each day. Park hopping not included.

$162.93

7-Day Home School Days Hopper Package

Seven days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like.

$180.08

7-Day Home School Days Premium Package

Seven days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like. (Seven) visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park.

$196.82

8-Day Home School Days Starter Package

Admission to one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day for eight days. Your choice each day. Park hopping not included.

$167.39

8-Day Home School Days Hopper Package

Eight days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like.

$184.49

8-Day Home School Days Premium Package

Eight days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like. Eight visits to your choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach Water park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park.

$201.17

Prices include 6.5% Florida state sales tax, subject to change.

NOTE: Multi-day tickets do not need to be used on consecutive days.

We went to Homeschool Day at Disneyland in CA 3 years ago. It was regular admission. Hsers met on the steps in front of the castle for a photo at 2 pm. Hsers were encouraged to wear tie dye to make themselves identifiable to other hsers. We were planning on going around that time of year anyway. It certainly wouldn't have been worth rearranging our schedules.

Mostly unschoolers from CA showed up, so it was really hard to get the photo. It was apparently too much structure to try to get everyone to line up in rows and have people in the front sit, people in the middle kneel, people in the back stand. I mean come on, you expect to be able to see faces in a photo? That's crazy talk, man! There was a lot of milling around and talking to people behind them while poor souls were desperately trying to get some shots for the website that people could download if they wanted to. We didn't bother getting a copy. People in front of us kept shifting around and ended up blocking our kids. And they were parents.

I'm not anti-unschooling. I know some people doing it really well and I admire their kids. I just can't handle the mentality of some unschoolers who can only focus on self and their impulses at the moment. (We have participated in a group that has a couple dozen unschoolers in it for 2 years now so this isn't a statement based on one or two encounters.) End of rant.

Interesting. When we lived in SoCal we always had APs and I would think that with the quite inexpensive APs most HSers in the area would already have passes.

However, there weren't HS days when I lived there (6 years ago now) or at least I didn't know about them. I was still working part time so I know I didn't always pay attention to the activities list.

We DID always do Legoland HS days and we have done Seaworld HS days.

I am VERY excited about Legoland opening next month in FL.

Dawn

We went to Homeschool Day at Disneyland in CA 3 years ago. It was regular admission. Hsers met on the steps in front of the castle for a photo at 2 pm. Hsers were encouraged to wear tie dye to make themselves identifiable to other hsers. We were planning on going around that time of year anyway. It certainly wouldn't have been worth rearranging our schedules.

Mostly unschoolers from CA showed up, so it was really hard to get the photo. It was apparently too much structure to try to get everyone to line up in rows and have people in the front sit, people in the middle kneel, people in the back stand. I mean come on, you expect to be able to see faces in a photo? That's crazy talk, man! There was a lot of milling around and talking to people behind them while poor souls were desperately trying to get some shots for the website that people could download if they wanted to. We didn't bother getting a copy. People in front of us kept shifting around and ended up blocking our kids. And they were parents.

I'm not anti-unschooling. I know some people doing it really well and I admire their kids. I just can't handle the mentality of some unschoolers who can only focus on self and their impulses at the moment. (We have participated in a group that has a couple dozen unschoolers in it for 2 years now so this isn't a statement based on one or two encounters.) End of rant.

Well, that was in CALIFORNIA. I don't know about Florida.

FL does list HS days for Legoland, but they seem to be for FL residents only.

And yes, DisneyWorld DOES have HS days. If you go to the YES page click on "homeschool days" for information. They are typically the end of Sept and the end of Jan.

Dawn

ooh Legoland and Seaworld have homeschool days? Must check that out!

Disney no longer has a set homeschool days though right? It's just the YES program that they have all year round on certain dates if I'm understanding it correctly.