Menu

Higher Ground (aka I need a summer home!)

We've lived in the southwestern desert for about 13 years now. I've tried to get us to move completely, and we did once but God brought us back. And I know why. Our network of friends is here (and it's a large network). We have friends other places, but the bulk of them are here.

HOWEVER

Despite what many of the desert-dwellers here will say about snow (such as, "At least you don't have to shovel heat", etc), I would MUCH RATHER shovel snow than to go through yet another 3-4 months, annually, of daily temps nearing 110*F or over. I'm DONE. The heat rash I have today alone can tell you the story all.by.itself. I'm done.

My family seems to not mind the heat so much. :glare: But I am seriously considering actively looking for a SUMMER home elswhere. My two picks are:

*Illinois (because I grew up there and might have the opportunity to buy the house I grew up in)

or

*Colorado (before we moved to AZ I said we should look into moving to CO, but we didn't.)

Heck, at this point, I'd move to La Paz, Bolivia just to be cooler!

Anyone here have a summer home? Why did you pick where it is? How did you plan for it? What did your family think or was it a family decision?

:bigear:

I don't have one either - but we are thinking about moving to Texas, and I have lived in the Pacific Northwest by the water my entire life - I am SERIOUSLY thinking that I might just have to move the kids and I every summer if this happens. I don't think I will be able to take it.

I choose CO over IL, because I like the mountains . . .