Menu

Can someone explain Dianne Craft to me?

DawnM

I have heard the name and have tried to look things up but her website seems convoluted to me.

She seems to advocate supplements, but what are those even for? Are they for ADD/ADHD? That isn't the issue we have.

As far as her curriculum: Is it more of a teacher book to explain how to teach? I don't see how to order various levels at all. The lesson plans section just tells how to teach and then says, "do a google search for X" or "get the Merrill readers as spelling words and then jazz them up". HUH?

I am not getting it.

Dawn

Have you viewed her videos on YouTube? (http://www.youtube.com/user/DianneCraft). She talks a lot about right and left brain integration, nutrition and exercises to strengthen that integration, as well as teaching/learning techniques to help kids who are not "left-brained". I have not purchased any of her curricula, but I have some of her manuals and videos, and have incorporated some of her ideas and exercises into our routine in the past.

I came across her website when I was researching auditory processing disorder. Whether or not she address ADD/ADHD I couldn't tell you. Perhaps there was info about it, but it didn't catch my eye since it wasn't an issue for us.

BTW, if you are a member of HSLDA, she is one of the special needs representatives, and if you call them, you may end up speaking to her directly. I did when I called in a few years ago.

We have only used her Brain Integration Therapy Manual and have found it very useful. In the manual, she says DHA (fish oil) is important because it fattens up the brain, allowing for more connections to be made.. The exercises are to reinforce or connect the right and left sides of the brain together again, which helps to eliminate diagnoses such as dyslexia, ADHD, dysgraphia, auditory processing disorder, poor memory, eye tracking problems, etc. So when you take fish oil while doing these exercises, the exercises become more effective.

Thanks.

I was actually more interested in finding some curricula to help my son with writing and spelling, but I can't find samples of that on her website. Not sure if I am missing it or it isn't there, or maybe I am not understanding that it isn't even there.

Dawn

She addresses what the child might be struggling with and why. Her approach is like a exercise program so the child gets to the point of understanding what it is they are learning. The reason why she promotes supplements is because many of our children have deficits in how their body absorbs minerals and nutrients thus causing learning problems. It is a whole body program not a curriculum.

I see. I guess that is what I didn't get.

I don't think this is going to help us with our needs.

Thanks,

Dawn

She addresses what the child might be struggling with and why. Her approach is like a exercise program so the child gets to the point of understanding what it is they are learning. The reason why she promotes supplements is because many of our children have deficits in how their body absorbs minerals and nutrients thus causing learning problems. It is a whole body program not a curriculum.