Menu

Answering questions about Advanced Language Lessons

Guest Patmatnat

:grouphug: Well, I thought we went through ALL pretty fast and then noticed it was only 15 weeks long. Now I am at a loss of what to do next. I cannot find an affordable option in Voyages in English to finish Grade 5.

Can anyone help on where to start with Saxon, Hake Grammar if we have already completed ALL through lesson 15? We just received copies of WWS and can focus on this for the rest of the year.

But, really, do I need to purchase ANOTHER grammar grade 5 program? Or can I just start with Grade 6 in Saxon-Hake next Fall and concentrate on WWS for these last few months.

Any suggestions or experience out there? I am at a loss, but spending over $600 on Grade 5 and 6 in VIE is just not reasonable.

Thank you for sharing if you can!

:grouphug: Well, I thought we went through ALL pretty fast and then noticed it was only 15 weeks long. Now I am at a loss of what to do next. I cannot find an affordable option in Voyages in English to finish Grade 5.

Can anyone help on where to start with Saxon, Hake Grammar if we have already completed ALL through lesson 15? We just received copies of WWS and can focus on this for the rest of the year.

But, really, do I need to purchase ANOTHER grammar grade 5 program? Or can I just start with Grade 6 in Saxon-Hake next Fall and concentrate on WWS for these last few months.

Any suggestions or experience out there? I am at a loss, but spending over $600 on Grade 5 and 6 in VIE is just not reasonable.

Thank you for sharing if you can!

In all my checking around for the very same thing, I decided to start dd at grade level in Hake. You can visit the website and view the TOC and sample pages to make sure it is a reasonable thing for you to use though.

Blessings,

Lucinda

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope that when ALL is back on the front burner there will be some sort of grading rubric or point system offered. Dd would like to see a grade on her paper after it's checked, but I have a hard time calculating it.

What do you do, or do you?

Lucinda

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest New Bee

I am totally new to all of this. My kids are in public school. I am looking for a grammar/writing program to supplement my 5th grader's school work. WWS is on the way. I've read through this thread and just wondered if there is any news on ALL, or if the 15 weeks are still available somewhere (five weeks can be found online)? I've glanced at a few other programs including R&S and I understand the disappointment that ALL is on hold. It looks perfect. I learned a lot myself (ex: parliament of owls) just glancing at the sample. I also wonder if anyone used the first five or fifteen weeks of ALL and then moved to Analytical Grammar would care to comment? Thanks.

• 8 months later...

We are starting FLL 4 this year and I was so excitedly looking for ALL and just came across this thread.  I hope there will one day be a release date, although it would probably be later than we would need it, but it would be shame not to see it released at some point. 

As New Bee said above, I too have only been able to find the 5 week sample.  Is the 15-week one still availble?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I would love to hear if there is anything happening with Advanced Language Lessons. I loved using FLL with my youngest, and my own children are past this stage now, but I am teaching at a co-op and would love to have this resource. Thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...