Menu

OK, so when do you start decorating for fall???

I would usually do it on the first day of the new season, but it's still so hot here in September. I'll probably put out Halloween decorations on the 1st of October. Then, I'll put out more general fall and Thanksgiving decor on the 1st of November. If I didn't do Halloween decor, then I'd go with the general fall on Oct. 1st and still save specific Thanksgiving until Nov.

ETA: I change out my scents at the same time, too. For the rest of the summer I go with citrus and linen scents. Then I'll change over to the cinnamon and pumpkin, etc. I LOVE fall scents!

HA! I broke out my pumpkin spice candle this week too! Something doesn't feel right about smelling it AND having the A/C on though. :glare:

We go ALL out when we decorate for Fall/Halloween. We usually start the first part of Oct. for Halloween and then transition to more of a Fall theme during the first few weeks of Nov. We're already discussing our theme and coming up with ideas. My dh enjoys creating an atmosphere/environment. It's almost like a movie set. Last year our little, tiny, baby, pretend house was transformed into Dracula's castle during the Victorian age. It was pretty awesome. This year we're thinking more along the lines of bringing the outside in and creating a creepy, woodsy feel. Our Halloween party-goers (comers, I guess, since they are coming here ;)) enjoy it too. :001_smile:

Decorations here are very low-key, but fall is my favorite season, so I do a bit.

I usually put pumpkins and mums up in the week after Labor Day. (Keep in mind that where I live, we often get our first frost at the end of August.) The mums are outside, but the pumpkins are inside and out. I also start fall-scent candles after Labor Day. (I don't use scented candles in the summer.) These all continue through Thanksgiving.

I have some Halloween decorations (wooden cut-out witches, ghosts, and pumpkins) that I put out for two weeks around Halloween.

NEVER before October. I wait until the sweatshirts and sweaters are ready to be worn, and I won't ever think of it before then.

We sometimes make scarecrows and decorate outside with mums, cabbage, lkale, and corn husks. Inside, I just change the scent of the candles, change what I'm cooking, and SOMETIMES put out decorations. I've largely gotten away from seasonal decorating though. Fall time means stocking the hayloft with hay, chopping wood for winter, etc. I usually only decorate for Christmas now, other than a VERY FEW seasonal decorations that make the kids happy.

I do fall mid September. Halloween starts Oct 1st. Thanksgiving November 1st. Christmas goes up the Sunday after thanksgiving. I love Halloween we are already planning outfits. We actually have a very early tree that losses all its leaves by September. So I'm already feeling the fall spirit.

Decorations here are very low-key, but fall is my favorite season, so I do a bit.

I usually put pumpkins and mums up in the week after Labor Day. (Keep in mind that where I live, we often get our first frost at the end of August.) The mums are outside, but the pumpkins are inside and out. I also start fall-scent candles after Labor Day. (I don't use scented candles in the summer.) These all continue through Thanksgiving.

I have some Halloween decorations (wooden cut-out witches, ghosts, and pumpkins) that I put out for two weeks around Halloween.

how could I forget pumpkins? Those are ALWAYS inside and out from the beginning of October until we start to decorate for Christmas.

There is NOTHING like fall time in New England! Today dd11 and I were discussing how READY we are to be done with summer!!! Fall in New England is a family favorite for EVERYONE!

:lol: I'm with you. Some years I put up some Halloween decorations. If I feel like it. And since we don't even celebrate Christmas, that's about it!

oh YEAH! All the hot topics are about to start soon! Halloween, then Christmas......... YIPPEE!!! Oh, that's not just with the boards.

We love to celebrate both GUILT FREE. Just saying....

Continue on.............

I only change a few things each season - table centerpiece, placemats type things - I usually do those on the first day of whatever the new season is, so for Fall, that'd be September 23 this year.

:iagree:

Here in Central Texas, we have four seasons: Winter, Early Summer, Summer, and Late Summer. :D So I tend to do any seasonal decorations according to the calendar, not the weather.

The exception is Christmas. We do Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving weekend. Ok, Christmas isn't a "season," exactly, but that's what we do.:D

Since I had to put on a sweatshirt to take the dogs out this morning and some of my trees are already losing their leaves... I am starting to feel the fall itch!

I do think that even though we are still hitting the low 80s every once in a while, we have definitely made the turn towards fall up here. I don't know what it is, but something in the air has changed and I feel like we need to start getting ready for Halloween and then winter. Can't wait!:D

Here in Central Texas, we have four seasons: Winter, Early Summer, Summer, and Late Summer. :D So I tend to do any seasonal decorations according to the calendar, not the weather.

The exception is Christmas. We do Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving weekend. Ok, Christmas isn't a "season," exactly, but that's what we do.:D

:iagree: We do the same thing here, except I start Fall Decorations right after Labor Day :D . I absolutely love fall (I'm from Indiana and miss Fall the most) and I can't hold it in much longer than that!

I live in Florida too and it's soooooooooooooo hot here that I really start craving Fall stuff in July-when it's the hottest! I can't wait to get home (we're on vacation) and start burning my pumpkin spice candle too! Everyone teases me because I start decorating for Fall so early. It's my favorite time of year-probably just because I'm so sick of summer!

Pumpkin pie, fall decor, International House pumpkin spice coffee creamer, turkey, dressing, and most of all-cool days can't come fast enough for me!

I am blessed to live in the New England area so we have a real fall here. I start drooling to get my decorations out (yes 3 tubs worth) about August, but force myself to wait until the true 'start' date of fall in late Sept.

It is already getting cooler here in the evenings (69 right now) so fall comes early here. But since the decorations stay up til Thanksgiving, I force myself to wait. SIGH.

After Halloween. The trees will start to turn color around Thanksgiving, so it works out well. Then after Thanksgiving, I pull out the Christmas stuff.

I don't usually burn candles during the summer unless we have a hurricane. We had pumpkin spice and pine candles during the 2 weeks we were without power after Ike. It made it a bit festive.

I love decorating for fall!

I do have to "manufacture" my own fall. No gorgeous autumn leaves, pumpkin patches, or cool temps here :(

I start decorating September 1. Fall tablecloths go on, autumn-inspired throw rugs and kitchen accessories come out, the Halloween quilt I made goes up, and I start putting out decorations I've collected over the years.

Fall and winter are my favorite seasons (with my favorite holidays!) so I'm counting down the days...:)

We move to AZ in 38 days. It will be a few weeks before we find a place to rent while our home here in Illinois sits on the market for sale :glare:. I will start as soon as I get keys to the new place. I LOVE fall and the Fall holidays. I love Christmas so the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas stuff goes up.

Since I had to put on a sweatshirt to take the dogs out this morning and some of my trees are already losing their leaves... I am starting to feel the fall itch!

I do think that even though we are still hitting the low 80s every once in a while, we have definitely made the turn towards fall up here. I don't know what it is, but something in the air has changed and I feel like we need to start getting ready for Halloween and then winter. Can't wait!:D

I know! At least I'm not the only one.

When do I decorate? ASAP. I'm an East Coast girl forever. I love my 4 seasons and fall is my favorite.

I am so jealous. Of course, I won't be jealous this winter when y'all have snow for days on end, but I'm jealous now. :D

oh YEAH! All the hot topics are about to start soon! Halloween, then Christmas......... YIPPEE!!! Oh, that's not just with the boards.

We love to celebrate both GUILT FREE. Just saying....

Continue on.............

LOL now that you said that, there was a Christmas thread locked last year and the mods put a really funny reason but now I can't remember what it was... can you??