Menu

Free horses in TX

A friend gave me this information:

: FREE HORSES!!! 52 thoroughbred horses need homes. Will go to Sugarcreek this Sat. for slaughter. Gentleman died. His son wants nothing to do with them. Most broodmares are broke and some are in foal. Weanlings, yearlings, 2 yrs and 3 yrs old most are gelded. Friend of the deceased is trying to find homes.

This is so sad!!!! If you are interested, PM me for the phone number. The information may end up all over Facebook in a few hours as well.

NO NO NO!!! I can't believe how viral this is!! There WAS a farm in need, it was in GEORGIA!! ALL 52 horses have found a home, not one went to Sugarcreek...this week alone I have received 10 of these alerts..and each time they keep changing the state...can't they see the area code is Georgia?? Weird!! I rescued a horse last month and so everyone keeps forwarding me this message...rest assured they're all rehomed! :)

Habitat for Horses has suspended the adoption fees for any of the horses that are being housed at their 'ranch' (not in foster homes yet)... the reason is because there are TOO MANY horses in need!

Many of these 'free' horses are trained/ride-able... I wish hay prices would go down so we could get a second horse!

I'm currently out of hay and the best I could find this week was $11 for a bale of LAST SUMMER's hay!

Yeah, the 52 horses are no longer...I believe that was actually last year. I can't remember. Right now there are so many issues like that because people can't afford them.

I have two horses along with 25 sheep. I'm so glad that we got so much rain recently. Our grass is really growing now, but for many months we were actually watering everything and it was barely helping. Hopefully we'll get a couple of hay crops now so that I can go get hay for this winter.

Habitat for Horses has suspended the adoption fees for any of the horses that are being housed at their 'ranch' (not in foster homes yet)... the reason is because there are TOO MANY horses in need!

Many of these 'free' horses are trained/ride-able... I wish hay prices would go down so we could get a second horse!

I'm currently out of hay and the best I could find this week was $11 for a bale of LAST SUMMER's hay!

OK, start laughing now while I ask my questions: :lol:

How much does a bale usually cost?

Is last summer's hay stale or something?

OK, keep laughing. :D