Menu

Algebra for dyslexic student

I'm not sure that the diagnosis of dyslexia necessarily determines a certain math program. What are the ways that you think the disability will interfere with algebra?

My oldest dyslexic student used Forester's with no problem. I may use Chalkdust with my upcoming one because of the instruction from someone else via DVD. However, I don't see that the dyslexia has an impact on either one's math.

my dyslexic son is using Saxon Algebra 1. he finds no problems with it, as long as he doesn't have to show workings out. he has an amazing ability to do it all in his head. I have read that some Dyslexic people cam do this even with Advanced Algebra. I told my son that he can continue not showing workings until he stops getting 95%:001_smile:

We tried MUS we found it very frustrating

Just a brief comment on Key to Algebra: I've used parts of this with, I think, all three of my children either as an introduction to algebra or as a partial review, but you should be aware that by itself Key to Algebra is not a complete algebra course.

It is, however, a non-threatening, inexpensive introduction to algebra, and, as such, might be a reasonable choice for your student.