Menu

SPD evaluation: what to expect?

After months and months of waiting, our dd finally has an appointment with an OT to be evaluated for possible SPD. We want to prepare her by telling her some of what might happen at the evaluation appointment - but we have no idea ourselves! Anyone BTDT and can share their experience? TIA!

After months and months of waiting, our dd finally has an appointment with an OT to be evaluated for possible SPD. We want to prepare her by telling her some of what might happen at the evaluation appointment - but we have no idea ourselves! Anyone BTDT and can share their experience? TIA!

Drew, here is a link. We are also having dyslexia and processing disorder (verbal) dx'd for dd(15) this summer, so I'm right behind you. What amazed me was the sheer magnitude of paperwork. Wowza.

I'm so glad you're doing this early. I fought for evaluation for a long time, only to be looked at like I had two heads. Nice to know I wasn't crazy. Wish it weren't so late in the game.

Hang in there. I hope something on the page helps you.

ETA: Oh, and I just wanted to encourage you to tell her that she gets to play a ton of really interesting games. Usually, this is really fun for curious kids, from what I've been told.