Menu

What does your 9/10/11 year old girl do together with her friends?

Need some ideas. :bigear:

I've managed to find several 9/10/11 year old girls to have over for my dd to get to know better. At this age I do not want to plan a "playdate" but I could use some back-up ideas in case the girls have a hard time finding things in common the first couple times they come over (especially the first).

I was hoping to pass on some of the suggestions to dd ahead of time so she can come up with her own ideas of interesting things to do.

Again, I'm not out to plan a playdate for them or do any sort of craft but I want to make sure that things go smoothly so the kids will want to come again. :) I'm really hoping some good friendships will come out of this.

My dd and her friends always seem into crafts. We have a lot of art supplies in our school room and they go in there and draw, make collages, make jewelry, and whatever else they come up with. That might be something to do while talking and getting to know each other.

ETA: I see you mentioned no crafts, but I assumed you meant a specific craft that you'd have to lead them through.

My daughter's 10.

When she's hanging out with her friends, they like:

Doing each other's nails

Doing arts and crafts

Watching movies

Listening to music

Putting on various dress up clothes and playing imaginative games

Baking/making some sort of snack/food

Going in the pool

Playing multi-player electronic games (the Wii, handheld games, etc)

Going for walks/bike rides

Playing board games

Playing with barbie dolls

Going to the park together

If I plan things, I've done stuff like: movie discussion groups, poetry/short story writing workshops, book clubs, etc.

swim, paint nails, play board games, Wii, bake cookies. My dd is 11 and her closest friends are 11 - 13. They mostly talk and giggle. :001_smile:

Do you have a flip cam? If so, let them have it for the afternoon. They can go HOURS UPON HOURS making videos and then watching them on the computer or tv. They pause and laugh so much that I think most of their time is spent laughing.:lol:

My 11yr old dds like to play board games, mess around with jewelry making stuff (beads, string and such), watch movies, ride their scooters, etc.. Last week they had a friend over and spent FOREVER drawing people on popsicle sticks.

some games they like:

Apples to Apples

Life

Yahtzee

I asked them what they do with their friend when they hang out at the friends house: make tents/forts and play outside.

swim, paint nails, play board games, Wii, bake cookies. My dd is 11 and her closest friends are 11 - 13. They mostly talk and giggle. :001_smile:

Do you have a flip cam? If so, let them have it for the afternoon. They can go HOURS UPON HOURS making videos and then watching them on the computer or tv. They pause and laugh so much that I think most of their time is spent laughing.:lol:

Forgot the Flip. My daughter and her friends make videos for hours on that thing!

Also, I second the game Apples to Apples

Mine and her friends play a lot of imaginative games. One pair, a set of twins, is really really mind bogglingly so into Sonic and Mario. (Which is strange because they come from a family that limits video games.) and the other from plays fairies.