Menu

Do you ever get...

Do you ever get any "attitude" so to speak, with yourgifted children-

Mine is so passionate that if I interrupt it can set him off- I have to schedule big blocks of time. This morning he was working on K'nex roller coaster and was so intense about the physics of the wheel- I just let it ride for like 2 hours. ( He was listening to an audio classic, so we did get in some time there.

Sometimes, the schedule doesn't have time to spare with the passion-

How do you balance-:eek:

My 6yo does this more tham his big brother. This morning he wanted to keep reading about jellyfish and had a little bit of an attitude when I told him to go do his math. I let him listen to music while he did his math which made him happy again.

Funny, he was begging to put together his brother's old k'nex roller coaster set yesterday. I am sure once I figure out where I stuck everything for it he will be absorbed for days.

This happens to me all the time! Both of my children are absolutely terrible at judging time. My older ds has been known to get really mad at younger ds, claiming "he said he'd play and now he changed his mind." I have to explain to older ds that his brother *did* play for over an hour.

I try to be flexible on the schedule. There is no way that we could stick to the clock for a rigid schedule. If it doesn't get done right now, we'll probably get it done this afternoon. If it doesn't get done today, it will probably get done tomorrow. If we do that too often though, I get strict and say that everything on their list must get done.

Jean