Menu

Math u See question

MUS for high school?

MUS through highschool?

I know I've seen some people who have used MUS successfully through high school. If no one responds, I suggest you do an advanced search, using MUS in the title only and search only the high school board. The search function has been malfunctioning ever since the board crash in April, so if you try to search on Math-U-See in the titles, it will pick up each and every thread that has the word math and/or see in it. :cursing:

We are planning to use MUS through precalculus (DD is about to start Algebra II). It is our primary math program. We also supplement (Singapore's Challenging Word Problems in the early years, later Lial's textbooks, and recently, Life of Fred).

I'm thrilled with MUS. My DDs may very well be headed for technical studies at the college level, I need to guarantee that they will be well prepared. My current plan is to use MUS through precalc and then have DD take precalc again at the community college her senior year. For us, there is no rush to complete calculus in high school and I think taking precalculus twice from two very different programs can only be a good thing.

Pegasus

We are using MUS in our home. My daughter will be working on Algebra II this coming school year.

However, your question is answered a lot on the yahoo group. Many people have taken their students all the way through MUS and those students did well in college. You might join that group and search the messages for more input.

The answer as to whether or not MUS is a good choice is really going to be dependent on the individual child, their abilities, and their goals.

My personal opinion is that it is a weak high school math program. It teaches the basics/fundamentals, but it does not delve as deeply into topics or have as challenging application problems as some other texts.