Menu

Can you help me figure out dinner? I won't be home so I need something that can be

thrown in the oven. I have chicken cutlets thawing. What should I do with them? My family is tired of pasta, but a rice casserole might work well. Except...oh dear...none of us like cream soups. Also, my dh doesn't like brocolli. That always presents a problem doesn't it? Any ideas?

Wrap the chicken with a slice of bacon and cover with honey mustard dressing. Bake. In another pan, quarter red potatoes, toss with a bit of olive oil, parsley and garlic powder, and bake. Steam some frozen green beans, and voila! Dinner!

My next suggestion is to gte the Six O'Clock Scramble cook book. It's full of recipes for busy families that are nutritious and relatively easy to put together.

Ok, I don't know what, exactly, a chicken cutlet is, so if it's a very high-quality piece of meat, then this suggestion may be like throwing pearls before swine - so please forgive me. :p But this is a quick 'n easy supper that smells and tastes like you've slaved all day in the kitchen, and it takes relatively little prep time.

Put a little butter, garlic, and seasoning on the chicken (DH likes lemon pepper). Cut potatoes in half, cut carrots into 4"-ish lengths (long enough to make a scaffold for the chicken). Place the carrots into a baking dish, put the chicken on those, lay the potato halves around the sides of the dish. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the dish a bit. Cover w/ alum. foil and pop into the oven when you have a chance. 350' for about 45 min. (longer if the chicken has bones - but it didn't sound like it does).

Make rice like normal, but throw in a bullion cube, and you'll have great, easy flavor w/ no extra prep time!

Serve w/ crackers and butter for a side dish (I have no idea when we started doing this - but DH and I both grew up w/ that, and we enjoy it.)

Maybe applesauce or cranberry sauce for another quick 'n easy side dish. (I usually save the applesauce for pork, but it's applesauce - the kids like it w/ anything.)

HTH - Dy

thrown in the oven. I have chicken cutlets thawing. What should I do with them? My family is tired of pasta, but a rice casserole might work well. Except...oh dear...none of us like cream soups. Also, my dh doesn't like brocolli. That always presents a problem doesn't it? Any ideas?

If so, I'd put the cutlets in the pot with a little chicken broth and let it cook on LOW for several hours. If you want your chicken to be crispy, it can still be quickly seared in the pan after it's cooked.

For side dish, I have thrown in potatoes with the chicken. They get done faster, of course and are a little too soft but take one the chicken flavor and we like that.

:D