Menu

What is your favorite mixed drink?

G&T with good gin

a good, but spicy bloody Mary

does blueberry tea (tea with Grand Marnier and sometimes Amaretto) count?

Not fruity though, so probably not of much help.

Besides the fruity tooty ones like margueritas and pina coladas? Looking for something fruity, but not like the ones I mentioned. No grapefruit juice though as I cannot have that. And I do not like anything sour.

Any ideas?

To make yourself or purchase while dining out? I like specialty martinis flavored with apple, pomegranate or cucumber. Try a cosmopolitan too.

Barb

do a search for caiparinha -- nat'l drink of brazil. Like a margarita, but not. More like spiked lemonade. YUM. Can be made with other fruit juice instead, can sub vodka instead of the Brazilian pinga. Sugar to taste.

Did I mention -- YUM?

Only, strong. The smooth, refreshing, "I'm just sipping lemonade" flavor tricks you and a while later you realize it. So, go easy, but seriously -- yum.

Lemon drops, amaretto sours, or something off the martini list. We had dinner at a lovely steakhouse once and I had a martini that had elderflower in it - it was subtly sweet. Not so much that you almost feel a bit full from the sugar, but a nice gentle sweetness.

My favorite to make at home is Sprite and Raspberry Vodka

Mine is similar. Next to a really good margarita (on the rocks, no salt, please) I love Stoli Raspberry vodka and soda water with a lime. Has to be Stoli because every other raspberry flavored vodka I've tried has this...I don't know...strong artificial and kind of sweet taste to it. Stoli tastes like just a hint of raspberry without all the sickening sweetness to it, and with the soda water there are very few calories and it's very refreshing.

Besides the fruity tooty ones like margueritas and pina coladas? Looking for something fruity, but not like the ones I mentioned. No grapefruit juice though as I cannot have that. And I do not like anything sour.

Any ideas?

Vodka, grenadine, twist of lime.

I love a Campari champagne cocktail in hot weather -- it's honey and Campari with orange juice and champagne served cold. It's light and citrusy. I also love a Sidecar (cognac with Cointreau and lemon juice -- and you have to dip the rim of the glass in lemon juice and a little sugar) pretty much any time.

Orange Dream make your own or buy the TGIF's blenders you just add ice and blend.

Vodka with any fruit juice mixes well. Some Zimas with jolly ranchers thrown in. Quick easy already mixed, any of the Mike's hard lemonade flavors, or Bacardi mixers (love those), Smirnoff mixers are also good.

Oh, also some Tequila Rose is good, here is a link for a few drinks made with it. http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/t/tequila-rose-911.html

Edited by hsmom

There are no mixed drinks in my current lifestyle, but a long time ago my drink was a vodka collins. Tasted like lemonade if I recall correctly. In Mexico with other young people we drank Planters Punch. Would have to google it to find out what's in it, but we enjoyed those.

Any ideas?

Parrot Bay and Coke (coconut flavoured PB)

do a search for caiparinha -- nat'l drink of brazil. Like a margarita, but not. More like spiked lemonade. YUM. Can be made with other fruit juice instead, can sub vodka instead of the Brazilian pinga. Sugar to taste.

Did I mention -- YUM?

Only, strong. The smooth, refreshing, "I'm just sipping lemonade" flavor tricks you and a while later you realize it. So, go easy, but seriously -- yum.

I second the caipirinha. Love them! Made with limes, sugar, and cachaca over ice.

But my favorite drink is one that dh made up one night when I had one of those I'm-headed-to-the-tub-make-me-a-drink-before-I-kill-someone kind of nights. :tongue_smilie: I named it the "Tangerine Dream," and here's the recipe ('cause I made him write it down):

Tangerine Dream

1 jigger whiskey or bourbon

1 jigger Bacardi

1/2 jigger maple syrup

1/2 jigger simple syrup

1/2 lemon, squeezed

lemon and tangerine zest

Put in glass over ice (I'm thinking about a 16 oz glass). Fill the rest of the way with club soda and stir.

It's SOOOOOO good. Now I want one. Best run to the store for tangerines before dh gets home so I can hit him up for one. :D

I like:

Malibu Bay Breeze- malibu rum, pineapple juice, cranberry juice

Rum & Diet Coke

Southern Comfort & Diet Coke

Vodka Crannberry- vodka, cranberry juice

Bacardi Bahama Mama-premixed and ready to pour

I love a Malibu Bay Breeze, but it does lean a bit to the sweet side.

The Bacardi Bahama Mama is fruity, but tart.

I've had some delicious martini drinks when we go out, but I've yet to know how to duplicate them or even to order them unless they're on the menu.

We go to a mexican restaurant that make a delicious Sangria Swirl. It's a frozen drink with Sangria and something. Would love to be able to make that as well.