Menu

Story of the World 4 AG... as it pertains to outlines

I was considering Writing With Skill for one ds, preferring the comforts of some hand-holding as opposed to using only the guidelines from the WTM and SWB's lectures. However, after the discovery in a previous post that it may not be available before December :crying:, I'm wondering if the outlines incorporated in the SOTW AG would be sufficient for that skill area of composition?

Any thoughts and or experiences with regard to the AG's outlines for writing are greatly appreciated!

I haven't used them, but I did check SOTW 4 out of the library and keep it for 6 weeks...:001_smile:

I think they would be a really good intro to outlining. It was quite easy to understand.

Thank you, Chris. That's encouraging. I do like what I see from the samples at PHP. :)

I was considering Writing With Skill for one ds, preferring the comforts of some hand-holding as opposed to using only the guidelines from the WTM and SWB's lectures. However, after the discovery in a previous post that it may not be available before December :crying:, I'm wondering if the outlines incorporated in the SOTW AG would be sufficient for that skill area of composition?

Any thoughts and or experiences with regard to the AG's outlines for writing are greatly appreciated!

I only looked once, so I'm not sure, but aren't the outlines in the SOTW 4 AG fill-ins? Not sure. But anyway, another option that I loved were the NEW outlining instructions in the 2009 WTM logic stage history section. These instructions were MUCH easier than the older WTM versions for me to use in teaching my son how to outline. They provide a pattern of simple questions to ask of each paragraph you are outlining, so that you can logically sort out the details.

Edited by Colleen in NS

I only looked once, so I'm not sure, but aren't the outlines in the SOTW 4 AG fill-ins? Not sure.

I do believe they start as fill-ins, but I thought they progressed to greater difficulty down the road. I'll have to research that a bit more.

But anyway, another option that I loved were the NEW outlining instructions in the 2009 WTM logic stage history section. These instructions were MUCH easier than the older WTM versions for me to use in teaching my son how to outline. They provide a pattern of simple questions to ask of each paragraph you are outlining, so that you can logically sort out the details.

I need to look through that section of the WTM again. That sounds like a practical way to implement IEW-esque skills. That was the other route I was contemplating but my ds cringed when I mentioned using it again. He says that it's "...too tedious."

However, after the discovery in a previous post that it may not be available before December :crying:,

While I can't say for sure, they have been pretty good in the past about releasing several weeks of curriculm so people can start in the fall, even if books don't actually get published until winter.

I thought I had heard they were going to do this for ALL and WWS :bigear: