Menu

Does the Final Transcript need to show the word "Final"? nm

ssbmem

Not really. We had one university want the word "Official" on the transcript, though. I sent the same transcript format (with the word 'Transcript' at the top) that I had sent to all the universities my dc have applied to, and it has always been accepted. Only one university has ever questioned a transcript. It sent it back and said it was not official (without any indication of what it was really looking for). So I wrote the words "Official Transcript" at the top and sent it again. This time they accepted it.

So while the word "Final" may not be needed, apparently at least one school wants the word "Official" on it. :lol:

I was told that it had to have the word "Official" on the top and that it had to be notarized. This was specific to UTD. However, an admissions officer from another university did a homeschool seminar and said that we should have "Official" in the title and that we should have the transcript notarized as well.

UTD accepted my dd's transcript without any problems.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

Mine has "Official," but not notarized unless specified by the school. Of the 5 dd#1 applied to none required notarization, but one state school dd#2 applied to does. That was the only state school we've applied to that did.