Menu

Getting a Wii!! I have a few questions.

That way you and your dh can team up on Tanks (Wii Play Favorite)!!

Wii Play only comes with a wiimote/remote. I would get a rechargeable battery set up - we don't have the stand for the remotes, we just use a regular AA battery recharger that plugs into a nearby outlet. I like to keep my wii gear out of sight, so I don't like the idea of the wii recharger stand. YMMV.

Current favorite games are Raybid Rabbits (sp?), Hottest Party Dance Dance (DDR), and Wii Play. We got a bit burned out on Wii Sports, but will play it when we have company.

I would have at least 2 nunchuks. Then as you can afford it, add more wiimotes. Then you can have 4 playing things like bowling without having to pass the wiimotes around.

Rent games at Blockbuster to find ones that you like. At $50 a pop to buy vs. $8 for a rental, it is worth it.

I do my daily workout with DDR and WiiSports boxing. Ds loves Guitar Hero III.

Have FUN!!!

I bought my charging station (comes with two rechargeable batteries) from Deal Extreme for only $15.32 (free shipping). It came from Hong Kong and took about 3 weeks to get here, but it has worked perfectly and we are very pleased with it. I haven't found it anywhere near that price anywhere else, and it is much cheaper than having to buy batteries every time I turn around!

My kids' favorite is Thrillville. Personally, I don't see the attraction, but all three of them love it.

I second the recharging station. We have 4 wiimotes and nunchucks. (One per kid)

We also have two dance pads for DDR. And as soon as the wiiFit is available in the US....I am getting that one for sure.

The other stuff like the sports grips and the zapper are not worth the money. I'd buy more games.

Favorite Games:

Mario Galaxy (this one is great)

Dance, dance revolution

Mario Party 8 (All the kids can play this one. I hate it though.)

Lego StarWars (complete edition)

MySims

Big Brain Academy (The adults join in on this one. We play it as a party game)

WiSports