Menu

Are Physical Science topics revisited in Chem, Bio, or Physics?

Hi! We did Physical Science this year, and I am wondering how long my dd is going to retain all of that info. I'm really hoping that these subjects (Apologia Physical Sc.) will be touched on later. This is our oldest, so I have no idea what we will get a shot at again later. My only science love was for Environmental Science...Geology and such. I'm hoping we get another opportunity for learning these formulas again later...when it is closer to testing time?

Thanks!

It's been a couple of years since my last child did Apologia's Physical Science, so I hope my recall is accurate.

Your child will see some of the topics from Physical Science again in high school, e.g., those topics relating to physics and chemistry will, not surprisingly, be covered (in more depth, detail, and sophistication) in high school physics and chemistry. However, unless your child takes a specific earth science-type course, she probably won't see topics like weather again.

HTH!

That does help! Thanks! My biggest concern are the physics and chemistry equations and concepts. She did well, but not well enough to just drop it and never see it again. I'm sure, if they go back over these things in later classes, that they start over with explanation too. I doubt they expect students to remember it from several years back. Thanks! We will put the course away for my next dd, and not worry.