Menu

Okay California girls where are you? (and boys too)

• 3 weeks later...

I am near Santa Barbara and have just found this site. How is everyone feeling/thinking regarding the HS ruling that is before us in California? I heard Michael Farris (from HSLDA) speak this month at a convention-he said he was guardedly optimistic. I am encouraged that even Facebook has a group to "Save HSing in CA."

Joining in late. I am in OC near Huntington Beach.:seeya:

Looks like a lot are here from N. Cal and San Diego area.

Also joining in late - new to the boards! We are in Santa Rosa - 50 mi. north of San Francisco, near the vineyards. Yum.:p

• 1 month later...
I grew up in Fullerton and now I am 5 hours north, on the eastern side of the Sierras, on the way to Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort. If any of you So CA girls go to Mammoth to ski, I am about 30 seconds off Hwy 395. Stop and see me and I'll treat you to the best pizza you ever ate. That's my way of saying I'd like to get to know ya.

I can no longer treat you to the best pizza you'll ever eat. We sold the business. Finally.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Little Rock, AR now, but we're most likely headed to Santa Monica this summer for a year.

I'm looking forward to being able to go to the beach during normal school hours! That's a great reason to homeschool right there. We visited friends in Pasadena last Christmas, my daughter is looking forward to going to the aquarium again. She also is looking forward to a place we went where you could pet bunnies and ride horses. The bunnies were actually a bit scary in my opinion...it was an off day, not many people had come to feed them and pet them, and they were very hungry, they'd jump right up on you looking for food.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone have info on groups/charters/activities for that region? I know Jenn W, but she's my only homeschool friend down there. I'm pretty nervous about leaving my Los Angeles home... help talk me down!

Buy Zoo, Sea World and museum pass and go during the off season. Gocitykids.com and hit San Diego, they have a lot of info and a calendar.

I still havent found the right group either, so no help there. If you need any info, feel free to pm me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ugh! If it were up to me we would be there!

I know there is a group that meets once a week in Sunland http://www.home-schooling.org/ . There is also a fairly decent sized homeschool group at Pasadena Nazarene church that meets once a week.

Dawn

Fairly new to the Los Angeles area. Can't seem to find fellow homeschoolers around here--I know you are out there!! ;)
Edited by DawnM

Have you looked into Classical Academy?

I thought that looked like a great option and even called them to see about opening a charter closer to the LA area when I lived there.

Dawn

Anyone have info on groups/charters/activities for that region? I know Jenn W, but she's my only homeschool friend down there. I'm pretty nervous about leaving my Los Angeles home... help talk me down!

• 2 weeks later...