Menu

Which Programs will you be Sticking With?!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singapore

AoPS

WWS

WWE

MTC

Daily Paragraph Editing

Daily Science by Evan Moor (in addition to lots of reading and one deeply involving science research project)

Story of Science

FLL at warp speed

HWT

Other things we love: SOTW CDs, Classical Kids CDs, Beethoven's Wig etc., RightStart math games, LOF

We are sticking with for my oldest...

- Elemental Science (as long as the levels keep coming out, we will keep using it)

- Tapestry of Grace (this is our first year using it but we are planning to continue next year, my son loves it)

- MCT (my son is crazy about this curriculum...He was more excited than I was when the rest of it came in the mail :))

- Spelling Workout (we will continue until we finish this series)

- Writing With Ease (my son needs extra help with narrations, so we are going to finish this one as well)

- Math Mammoth (he will eventually move on to Saxon, but we are going forward with this one still)

For my younger boys, we will continue with...

- Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading

- Spelling Workout

- Math Mammoth

- Tapestry of Grace

- Elemental Science

- Writing With Ease

LA: We may continue with MCT as a supplement only. Megawords is a given. We like IEW, Wordsmith, and WP LA resources. I use additional resources for writing as well.

History: It looks like we are going to continue with SL , WP, and a little of AO (depending on the year) adding in SOTW lightly for the younger kiddos who haven’t had that much of it..

Science: RS4K and Ellen McHenry are here to stay. Possibly SL science as well, depending on the child.

Language: Memoria Press:001_wub: for French and Latin, Visual Link Spanish, Hey Andrew for Greek

Every year I say I am going to homeschool differently, and every year I stay pretty much the same. We are relaxed, slightly CM, WTM and LCC "inspired" homeschoolers, for lack of a better explanation. :lol:

I have bought many different materials in my quest for something different, something possibly better. I guess I should just start putting all the money into things we know we like! I’ll have more cash for things we actually need.:tongue_smilie:

For DD:

WWE

Queen L/A's

Sing the Word.

For DS:

Peacehill Press' L/A's (WWS)

Perplexors.

Both (different levels):

AAS

MMM

LOF

Khan Academy

SOTW & SL Literature

Artistic Pursuits

Mark Kistler (3D drawing site).

Everything else, starting Feb 2012, will be a recent or *new* learning tool :tongue_smilie:.

Edited by tuesdayschild

CLE math 1-8 (a year ahead)

CLE LA 1-10 (grammar LU only in 9 & 10)

CLE reading 4-8

Truthquest History

CKE explore science (elementary) - used and loved all 4, but done now

Apologia science (with Dive for high school)

First Form Latin

Lots of keepers! I hope that is a good thing in the long run!

WWE/WWS!

SOTW

Oldest did RS math and now is AoPS pre-alg.

Middle is in middle of RS E and will likely do AoPS 3rd grade if it comes out this summer and then into MM5A/5B and then AoPS pre-alg.

Youngest is in RS A.

Will probably do RS Geo with all of them. Oldest has done half of it.