Menu

Scentsy vs. Walmart brand

Odd question...but can anyone compare the Scentsy candles to the Walmart brand that is similar?

I want to try out the warmer type candles but don't want to spend a ton!! Walmart has the warmers for $15 & the candle brick things for $2... :)

I have a scentsy warmer and bricks and I tried the walgreens brand brick. They do work in the scentsy warmer. IMO, the scent doesn't last as well for the generic brand. I can't remember how much the scentsy brick cost, so I haven't decided on the cost effectiveness of the bricks. But, I probably won't by another scentsy warmer. Those things are expensive.

I'm a Scentsy consultant and have, in order to answer questions about other brands honestly and fairly, tried the Walmart bars. Yes they work in Scentsy warmers. No they do not last as long as Scentsy bars. To be fair, Scentsy bars will also melt in other warmers (such as the Walmart brand). I have found that the Scentsy bars are an extremely good and economical way to freshen your home. I use one square of a Scentsy bar in my kids' bathroom and change it every weekend (there are 8 squares in one bar). And I leave their warmer running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By the end of the week, the fragrance is gone, but it has really freshened up the bathroom! The Walmart brand couldn't come close to that length of time. I'll be glad to get you more information or answer any other questions you may have. I love Scentsy! :)

Thanks for this thread. I just sprang for two scentsy warmers and several bars -- my first scentsy purchase ever. I sent half to my mom for Mother's Day and kept half for myself. I have to admit that I was a little overwhelmed at the price of the warmers, and I was completely unaware that Walmart carried knock-off warmers. I'll have to check them out.

I love Scentsy.

They have package deals you can purchase that save you some money.

I have a full size warmer that I bought a year or so ago and recently went to a party and bought the package deal with a warmer, plug in and bars(3) :001_smile:

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

I bought a Walmart warmer, one bar of Scentsy, and a few bars of the Walmart brand.

The Scentsy bars and Walmart bars seem to fill the house up with the 'scent' equally.

I haven't gone through a square of either yet, so I can't say which lasts longer. I do know that both last a LONG time! Even buying the more expensive Scentsy bars you would totally get your money's worth.

We got the Walmart one called "Wildberry Cheesecake" and it is our favorite. Even dh loves it.

Something I'm definitely going to splurge on is the Scentsy plug in warmers. They are perfect for small areas or bathrooms!

I thought I heard of issues with the WalMart warmers breaking or catching on fire or something?

This was my one concern. The warmer I bought gets pretty warm to the touch...almost hot. Do the Scentsy warmers get hot at all? I'm not sure about leaving mine on all the time...