Menu

What's your favorite movie and TV show? (Spin off from fav. Actor/Actress thread)

My all time favorite movie is

Mr. Blanding's builds his dream house. It's an old Cary Grant movie which I believe The Money Pit was based on. It's hilarious.

As for TV show I have a new favorite. A friend sent me the show Firefly on DVD recently and I love it. I sure wish it had lasted more than one season. It's kind of like Star Trek meets the Wild West which you think wouldn't mix, but it sure does.

My all time favorite movie is

Mr. Blanding's builds his dream house. It's an old Cary Grant movie which I believe The Money Pit was based on. It's hilarious.

As for TV show I have a new favorite. A friend sent me the show Firefly on DVD recently and I love it. I sure wish it had lasted more than one season. It's kind of like Star Trek meets the Wild West which you think wouldn't mix, but it sure does.

I actually found a Serenity sticker to put on the back of my car!

My fav. movie: All 3 Lord of the Rings

Fav. TV show: 24

If old time stuff counts, I LOVE the whole series of Little House on the Prairie shows! I also used to love Fantasy Island and Love Boat. Brady Bunch, Laverne and Shirly, Happy Days and Seinfeld all rank in there somewhere too!

:-)

I have vowed to not watch the upcoming season, if it ever airs. They (the producers) have made me wait TOO long, and I was not happy with how the most recent season ended.

Grrrrrrrr.

Oh, do I have to pick just one. I love movies with music. The Wedding Singer, Grease, Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera, Calamity Jane.

As for T.V. Shows, House, Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother are ones that I watch if they are not reruns. (thankfully House is new this week!)

Kristine

Oh, do I have to pick just one. I love movies with music. The Wedding Singer, Grease, Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera, Calamity Jane.

As for T.V. Shows, House, Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother are ones that I watch if they are not reruns. (thankfully House is new this week!)

Kristine

Oh how could I forget The Wedding Singer. Dh and I love that one and watch it anytime it's on. When there's nothing on to watch on weekends we'll pop in the DVD.

I am a bit embarrassed to admit this but I think my favourite movie of all time is Pretty Woman. It was on TV again last night and I watched it. I think I have watched this movie thirty times and I still don't get tired of it.

On the other side of the spectrum, my fave tv show is 24.

Julia

mom of 3 (8,7,5)

I can't...........that just makes my brain hurt.......

Movies

-Legends of the Fall, Aliens, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Titanic, Dumb & Dumber (different genres)

TV Shows

- House, Moonlight, CSI, Criminal Minds, Medium, Promised Land, I Love Lucy

When it comes to movies and tv shows. LOL ... that is except the person who likes the old tv shows like Brady Bunch and such.

My favorite movie (hard to choose just one) would be either "You've Got Mail" or "Benny and Joon" ... actually it is probably "Music and Lyrics".

My favorite tv show was "Sue Thomas F B Eye" ... I also really liked "Doc" with Billy Ray Cyrus.

Please don't everyone jump on me at once. :(

If I *had* to pick one TV show, it might well be Firefly.

But I also love LOST, House M.D., Babylon 5, Galactica, Buffy, Northern Exposure, WKRP (remember that?), the Dick Van Dyke Show, the Bob Newhart show. Oh, and then there's Coupling, and various British comedy. We love British comedy.

Movies: Apollo 13, The Princess Bride, Shakespeare in Love, That Thing You Do, LOTR trilogy, Much Ado About Nothing, Being John Malkovitch, Help!, Monty Python's Holy Grail, 2001: a Space Odyssey.

Favorite TV Show: Arrested Development :(

I KNEW there were others out there! I am so sad it was canceled. My dh and I watch the DVD's constantly and quote it non stop.

Favorite Movie (s): The Prestige, Beautiful Mind, Les Miserables (Liam Neeson), Pride and Prejudice (BBC version), Anne of Green Gables, Momento, Breakfast Club, What About Bob?, Moulin Rougue, Ocean's 11 &12, I better stop now.

Movies: Lord of the Rings trilogy, Little Princess ( the Shirley Temple version), A Knights Tale, Remember the Titans

TV : NCIS, Criminal Minds, Boston Legal, House, Blood Ties, & Robin Hood on BBC America I wish they would bring it back.

And yes I know I'm WIERD.:D

for tv Heros and movie would be Dragon:The Bruce Lee Story. When my dh and I first were married and had our own home, we couldn't afford cable and didn't get very good reception from our antenna. We had this little itty-bitty tv and vcr, so I would watch that movie over and over again. Why, because it was all we had that I liked at the time. lol So it makes me have fond memories.:)

TV: We don't have a t.v. but we occasionally watch dvds. I loved the BBC's 'Pride and Prejudice' . It really didn't disappoint, unlike so many adaptations. I love Colin Davis' theme music. He is such a wonderful man (although I am biased because he is guest conductor at our Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra).

Films: I love the films of Charlie Chaplin. He wrote his own music scores; wrote his own 'scripts', was director and was, well, just so incredible. My favourite of his films...very difficult....but 'The Kid' is pretty hard to beat.

Movie:

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

The Sound of Music

TV:

Firefly

As Time Goes By

I couldn't choose just one, but these are the top two, with the probable number one on the top position

Really, I can only pick one. Let's see for a movie I will go with classic; Gone With The Wind, but love to watch Under the Tucan Sun when its on too.

For TV, I am really digging the new show, Journeyman on NBC, if we ever get new stories again. I also really enjoy Men in Trees on ABC.

This is so hard to pick just one. So, I am bad and picked 2.

:)

fav Movie: can't narrow it down. I think Men in Black entertains me...but I don't know if it is my fav.

Fav. TV show: THE OFFICE!

Quotes:

Wham! His cappa is detated from his head!

I lost Ed Truck. And... it feels like somebody took my heart and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears... and at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer... and then a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone... and I'm crying, and nobody can hear me, because I am terribly, terribly... terribly alone.

unsinkable

Some movies: Braveheart, Wall Street, Wedding Singer, Office Space, Meet Me in St. Louis, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, 300.

TV: I LOVE 'The Tudors'. It's on Showtime, but I just bought the DVD set and watched the whole series in 2 days. Absolutely decadent and addicting! I also like Mad Men on AMC.