Menu

Phonics Road 2 Lit question

Snowfall

How much writing does the literature portion actually entail? I'm curious because I see many people think it stretches out for much too long, and I believe that my dd will feel the same way. It's unlikely she's going to want to stretch it out to read again over 34 weeks (or however long it is), when we've already read it once and she'll want to go through the entire series again. However, she's a very reluctant writer (including the physical act of writing, not just deciding on something to write) and it won't be easy for me to accelerate the lit portion if it involves a lot of writing. I assume it does though, so I'm not sure what to do about it.

If she's already read it then I would think of it more like the excerpts from WWE, ykwim? Sometimes we read excerpts from books we've already read, sometimes we read excerpts that make us want to go and read the entire book it came from. It doesn't really affect the exercise related to the excerpt.