Menu

Have you considered what will happen to your children if you do not have them memorize all the material in this thread? This is truly the best thread ever. Everyone should use it. Children who have not used this thread will reach high school and be unable to understand advanced threads, or be able to critically evaluate thread reviews. All children deserve this thread and I consider it a crime to use anything else, ever. I've been using it for a solid 3 weeks and I can already tell my children know more than any other children we know.

GAPS. Your children will have GAPS if you don't use this thread.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? In a clearly neutral thread like this you think that's the most important thing? Well...different strokes and all...I guess. Bless your heart.

I'm more concerned about what style guide is used and how she uses her frozen peas. Her actual HSing credentials might be an issue, the double digits things. Nuff said.

But is a neutral thread really possible? I think not.

It's such a new thread though. We don't have anyone who has used this thread all through, so we don't know about college acceptances, test scores, or how well it can be adapted for a kid who is ahead or behind. :confused:

I worry about gaps, but I'm not sure this thread is the only answer. Maybe if I did like the poster above and combined with 6 other threads....

DS is only 2 though, plenty of time to cycle through multiple times!

I have a used copy of this thread, with light pencil markings. Does anyone know what the resale policy is for this?

Please PM me.

It's such a new thread though. We don't have anyone who has used this thread all through, so we don't know about college acceptances, test scores, or how well it can be adapted for a kid who is ahead or behind. :confused:

True, forget it. I'm no longer interested. Hmmm, but maybe when my ds 3 turns 14. I'll have to think about it.

I think binding is the way to go, make sure you print in color and on a good, heavy bond paper. Get two copies for each kid and one for yourself to make the teacher's edition with.

That would violate copyright. I am reporting you to the FDA!

Anyway, I am a kinesthetic learner, so I'll need to touch you while you do an interpretive dance.

You know, I hate this thread. Its suppose to be about grammer, but then the author spelled it "grammar" ! How careless can you get. The book doesn't even mention how to make plural's, by adding in that little symbol for foot. :confused:

(And don't listen to that review by Mr's Mungo with all that nonsense about the census. More rubbish.)

GAPS, isn't that the new curriculum on genetics, you know genes, jeans, something like that. Have you ordered yet. I'm wanted to place my order last week, I'm sure we're going to love it. :D

Wow what a brilliant thread. Obviously I'll need to bookmark it and come back and reread it in a few years because my oldest is only 4 and therefore I'm not "really homeschooling" my kids yet - just doing what a parent is "supposed" to do. Once my kids reach the magical age when they are "real homeschoolers" I'll be straight back here using this thread.

Edited by sewingmama

Once my kids reach the magical age when they are "real homeschoolers" I'll be straight back here using this thread.

Actually, two or more need to be the magical age *and* you need at least one more child to be considered a real homeschooler. It's clearly stated on the back of my I.D. card that I can show to the homeschool police or the census workers.

I scanned this thread earlier and loved it. My forum budget is really tight right now, so could someone be a doll and send me the comments on pages 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10? I don't want to spend time on the whole thing when I really only need the stuff that pulls it all together.

But you can not pull out parts and make it work. Tweaking and Twaddle have the same beginning sound for a reason. If you only use portions you might as well read twaddle, which may or may not be referenced on the pages you are requesting. :tongue_smilie:

You know, I hate this thread. Its suppose to be about grammer, but then the author spelled it "grammar" ! How careless can you get. The book doesn't even mention how to make plural's, by adding in that little symbol for foot. :confused:

(And don't listen to that review by Mr's Mungo with all that nonsense about the census. More rubbish.)

:lol::lol::lol:

Poor kittens...

Wow what a brilliant thread. Obviously I'll need to bookmark it and come back and reread it in a few years because my oldest is only 4 and therefore I'm not "really homeschooling" my kids yet - just doing what a parent is "supposed" to do. Once my kids reach the magical age when they are "real homeschoolers" I'll be straight back here using this thread.

I was wondering if I could start this thread "gently" with my 2 year old...you know nothing too structured....maybe 5 minutes a day.

On second thought...this won't fit in with where we are in our 4 year cycle....we'll have to pick it up our next time through:confused:

is it available in a 5 day or only a 4 day...and when will Jim Weiss release the audio if we have to resort to carschooling for it?

oh and how did you combine children for this thread???

oh gotta go my children chewed through their straps:auto:

I heartily disagree. This thread is the EPITOME of a living thread. It has obviously taken on a life of its own. :tongue_smilie:

Who'd have guessed? I clearly have a talent. I should market this concept. I'll make millions.

I'd really like to continue reading this thread, but first I need to know how old the OP believes the Earth is.

I believe the earth is as old as it is. Not a day older. Not a day younger.

Really? In a clearly neutral thread like this you think that's the most important thing? Well...different strokes and all...I guess. Bless your heart.

I'm more concerned about what style guide is used and how she uses her frozen peas. Her actual HSing credentials might be an issue, the double digits things. Nuff said.

I use peas in soups, stews, and salads. The only males in the house are two neutered cats, who had no desire to sit on peas after their, well, you know, were cut off.

I've homeschooled since 2000 and started when my oldest was well into his double digits. I started homeschooling the youngest when she was yet a single digit, but she's into the doubles now and so far, Officer Bill has not needed to offer his help.

I hate it when children Fall Into The Gap. Pulling them out requires so much work!

I can't believe this thread is only available digitally. How much do you think it will cost to have it printed and bound at Staples?

My son works there. Mention my name and $1 of the price will go to an obscure charity that provides hungry goats to people who live in rain-soaked areas with high grass in their front yards.

Hey that's me! I need me a goat!

I thought we sent the goats back a few weeks ago, back in the days of kilts.

Although frankly I could use one now. I managed to mow the front yard during the few rain-free hours yesterday, but the back is turning into a quagmire.

Is it possible to get an illustrated version of this thread?

If I can donate a goat can he do it for free?

Only if you donate the goat to me.

Is it possible to get an illustrated version of this thread?

No. I subscribe to the Charlotte Waldorf Robinson methods and CWR believed that illustrated threads weakened the mind so that it can not draw from it's own resources to create a visual interpretation itself. And if CWR believes it, that's good enough for me.

I am shocked that so many people appear to be capable of using this thread when it is so blatantly anti-chicken. There are numerous anti-chicken references throughout, which no sane family could possibly work around. It may be anti-bat as well, but I don't personally know any bats so I wouldn't have noticed those parts, although I do believe in being considerate towards mammals of all species.

I am shocked that so many people appear to be capable of using this thread when it is so blatantly anti-chicken. There are numerous anti-chicken references throughout, which no sane family could possibly work around. It may be anti-bat as well, but I don't personally know any bats so I wouldn't have noticed those parts, although I do believe in being considerate towards mammals of all species.

(ok, who's going to tell her chickens aren't mammals?)

I thought about the St. Croix conference, but then I read that they were serving drinks made with Cruzan Rum. I think that Bacardi is the original and best rum and wasn't sure if I should still go to a conference that offered Cruzan rum drinks and Bacardi rum drinks. AND then I read that they were going to even have Captain Morgan and Malibu. I knew I couldn't in conscience attend. Not at a conference that thinks its* ok to serve Flavored Rums.

*Oh dear, just the thought of flavored rum has me losing control of my grammar. I think I just heard a poor kitten mewing.

:lol::lol::lol:

No. I subscribe to the Charlotte Waldorf Robinson methods and CWR believed that illustrated threads weakened the mind so that it can not draw from it's own resources to create a visual interpretation itself. And if CWR believes it, that's good enough for me.

Yes, but I combine CWR with rigorous classical unschooling, so I need pictures my children can draw in their lapbooks. OF COURSE, they are drawing them without access to black crayons, pens, pencils, or paints, nor whilst wearing black clothing (they also are not allowed to pet black dogs until their 12 year molars come in).

But I need illustrations for my own inspiration so I can draw them for my children to copy. I can't make up my own illustrations because I'm terribly busy. Even though I only have 2 children, I'm busier than you or anyone else who reads this thread. But I'm not going to specify why I'm so busy. I just am.

But I need illustrations for my own inspiration so I can draw them for my children to copy. I can't make up my own illustrations because I'm terribly busy. Even though I only have 2 children, I'm busier than you or anyone else who reads this thread. But I'm not going to specify why I'm so busy. I just am.

I will be happy to share my Victorian style drawings with you. I find the Victorian style illustrations of children playing with fruit has made a world of difference to my kids' ability to understand astrophysics.

(By the way, your CWR method sounds too modern for me. I am the founder of the Fauntleroy method. I make all the males in my household dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy. It enhances the itch to learn. That's our slogan, incidentally.)

Guest Dulcimeramy
I will be happy to share my Victorian style drawings with you. I find the Victorian style illustrations of children playing with fruit has made a world of difference to my kids' ability to understand astrophysics.

(By the way, your CWR method sounds too modern for me. I am the founder of the Fauntleroy method. I make all the males in my household dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy. It enhances the itch to learn. That's our slogan, incidentally.)

:lol:

This thread is the best ever! Even though I have only used it for one day, I am positive I will use it for the rest of my life and teach my great-grandchildren only using this thread.

You can forget what I posted about the CLE thread and the MFW thread and the FBI thread and the CIA thread. I may have said they were the best threads, but I got rid of all of those threads in the past 2 weeks and now, I'm sure that I will use only this thread for the rest of my life and for all of eternity.

I only paid about $500 for each of those old threads, but I'm sure the $1,000 I've invested in this thread will be a great investment in my children's future. I am absolutely positive that this thread won't be lying in one of the piles on the floor along with the other threads I've purchased and not used. No, this thread is clearly a keeper unless my 8 year old puts it in the recycling bin like he did with the other threads that he hated.

Because I am sure this is the one and only thread for my children. I only want the best for them and this one is the best.

Now, I think I'll go and see what page 2 of this thread is about.

I am now on week 4 of the thread and am having doubts.

I don't think this thread goes deeply enough into the CONCEPTS, the WHYS behind everything in the universe. My 3 year old is ready for so much more than this. I have ordered the newest latest bestest most popular thread and it is on its way. I am sure it will be far superior to this thread and just from the samples I can tell it is what I have been waiting for all my life. It is just so, so deep and magical and amazing and I would recommend it over this thread a thousand times.

(ok, who's going to tell her chickens aren't mammals?)

OMG, I'm SO sorry! Are there any other creatures that aren't mammals? Could you please explain the difference between each vertebrate class? Would a creature from each class please weigh in here and describe their diet, habitat preferences, and locomotor patterns? Do you think I could arrange a private meeting for my DCs with a representative of each class in order to help them understand the differences and see how beautiful and unique each one of them is? (Because they certainly won't be meeting any in the primate-only coops we've carefully selected and signed statements of primate-hood with.) Should we also be meeting non-chordates? I certainly don't want to raise chordate-centric children.

(I was referring to the bats before, I swear...)

My son works there. Mention my name and $1 of the price will go to an obscure charity that provides hungry goats to people who live in rain-soaked areas with high grass in their front yards.

Can we not talk about rain please? Some of us are enduring monsoon season with two dogs & four kids and are a little sensitive to that topic right now.

I mean really... how callous can you get? :glare:

:D

I thought this thread was great and planned to use it for eternity but the planning is just way too much. I need something more open and go, I don't have time for all this clicking and scrolling. I can't help but feel I am doing my children a disservice but I can't handle the teacher prep. I would really love to continue with this thread. Do you have any tips? When do you prep? How in the world do you have time for anything else. :confused:

I thought this thread was great and planned to use it for eternity but the planning is just way too much. I need something more open and go, I don't have time for all this clicking and scrolling. I can't help but feel I am doing my children a disservice but I can't handle the teacher prep. I would really love to continue with this thread. Do you have any tips? When do you prep? How in the world do you have time for anything else. :confused:

I plan to plan over the summer while my kids are in public summer school. I'll have lots of time, and they will finally learn everything they should have learned during the year. Next year, when I've planned better, I won't have to send them to public sumer school because this thread will solve all of my homeschooling problems. I sure it will which is why I plan to read it.

What is the catalog for the thread like?

I consider the catalog very important. Perhaps even more important than the thread itself.

I'm sure the catalog will have a full pull-out book lists with descriptions and prices and pictures of everything in the thread, color-coded to age, grade, religion, constitutional amendment, and learning style with a note about each evolutionary reference for those that might be offended before reading it.

:D

It's right up there with, "We received these materials about 2 weeks ago and I just have to say that are the best materials ever. We love them! We will never use anything else."

I always wonder how it's going after 6 months and why I keep finding reviews for materials that teach the exact same thing by the same reviewer a year later.

:iagree:

Use the stuff for 2/3 of a year and still love it and THEN post... tell me you love it so much you are using the same stuff next year... of course, as the OP said - tell me HOW you used it (none of us truly use it as is), why it worked, what didn't, what did you tweak, what book did you skip, what did you add?