Menu

Guest Dulcimeramy

I CAN"T BELIEVE IT! I heard about this thread at convention, but I couldn't quite make up my mind! Now I'm hearing all these great reviews of this thread here! I'M SOLD!

Wait, I forgot to ask: Is this thread good for a Wiggly Willy?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I CAN"T BELIEVE IT! I heard about this thread at convention, but I couldn't quite make up my mind! Now I'm hearing all these great reviews of this thread here! I'M SOLD!

Wait, I forgot to ask: Is this thread good for a Wiggly Willy?

As long as your Wiggly Willy can sit still for three hours, he'll do fine.

I'm still wondering what exactly a Wiggly Willy is because I have no children named willy, yet they can still be wiggly at times? My favorite is when some one complains about how Christian, or Young Earth a product is when it is obvious from the title that it would be so.;)

You mean that you didn't take the placement test results, add the square root of their grade level (if they had started school on time in your first state of residence, not the others) and then add two levels because you're homeschooling. (Unless you are shifting from that other program, in which case you needed to go down the equivalent of half their shoe size. Because EVERYONE knows about that other program.)

I thought about the St. Croix conference, but then I read that they were serving drinks made with Cruzan Rum. I think that Bacardi is the original and best rum and wasn't sure if I should still go to a conference that offered Cruzan rum drinks and Bacardi rum drinks. AND then I read that they were going to even have Captain Morgan and Malibu. I knew I couldn't in conscience attend. Not at a conference that thinks its ok to serve Flavored Rums.

:lol::smilielol5:

And now... I must make DH go get me some pineapple juice for my rum...

Guest Dulcimeramy
Are you sure, because I've heard that they are doing this thread as a business. I'm just not sure what I think about that.

That's what I thought, too. Not quite a ministry...it is a business...

businesstry?

I've read the first and last page of this thread, and it's just terrible. I will be telling all my friends to spend their time on something else. SWB is obviously slipping, and I'm writing a complaint to Firefox.

Well,

I read on a blog that the publisher of this curriculum has a Facebook page. Ozzy Osbourne ALSO has a Facebook page.

I'm waiting for some clarification on what relationship this curriculum has with Ozzy Osbourne. I also would like to know what their beliefs about chickens and bats are before I'm willing to use this in my home.

I guess as long as the chickens are only for mummification, I'd be able to make it work for us with some modifications.

Are you sure, because I've heard that they are doing this thread as a business. I'm just not sure what I think about that.

I assure you, I've made no profit whatsoever from this thread. All information supplied is freely given, for the betterment of humanity and the glory of God. :D

If you look carefully at the link, you can see that it has her associate number embedded into it which clearly gives her commission for every person that clicks on it.

I just received an email warning me about this thread. I can't believe I ever thought it was the best thread ever.

Well,

I read on a blog that the publisher of this curriculum has a Facebook page. Ozzy Osbourne ALSO has a Facebook page.

I'm waiting for some clarification on what relationship this curriculum has with Ozzy Osbourne. I also would like to know what their beliefs about chickens and bats are before I'm willing to use this in my home.

I guess as long as the chickens are only for mummification, I'd be able to make it work for us with some modifications.

No, I think you've confused them with the Osmonds. They like chickens and bats.

That's what I thought, too. Not quite a ministry...it is a business...

businesstry?

Wow. Just wow.

Why does this always turn into a personal attack?

I don't know why some people complain about this thread, because I think it's wonderful. All I did was print out the messages, cut them apart, and interleave them with messages from six different threads.

But could I still have gaps? Do you think I should also add some bits from the thread about electric plug-in TeA kettles?

I don't know why some people complain about this thread, because I think it's wonderful. All I did was print out the messages, cut them apart, and interleave them with messages from six different threads.

But could I still have gaps? Do you think I should also add some bits from the thread about electric plug-in TeA kettles?

I think with all the extra work you're already having to do to make this thread fit, the electric plug-in TeA kettles thread is a bit teacher intensive. I'd use that one for your own self education when you have the time and inclination. But that's me.

:lol:

EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1613,149188-254201,00.html

Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 (4 oz.) box chocolate pudding

1 small container Cool Whip

1 tbsp. milk

Place chocolate pudding in mixing bowl. Pour milk into the pudding mix and stir. Then put the whole container of Cool Whip in the pudding mixture and stir until smooth. Then refrigerate.

I think with all the extra work you're already having to do to make this thread fit, the electric plug-in TeA kettles thread is a bit teacher intensive. I'd use that one for your own self education when you have the time and inclination. But that's me.

I think that the intensive study of TeA kettles really is best done in the original language. What program is the best for learning cuniform? I was thinking of using a computer based program, but worry that I won't pick up enough grammar. And it's really hard to find cuniform speakers where we live.

I'm afraid that if my kids don't master cuniform by eight, then anyone listening to them will realize they aren't native speakers.

I think that the intensive study of TeA kettles really is best done in the original language. What program is the best for learning cuniform? I was thinking of using a computer based program, but worry that I won't pick up enough grammar. And it's really hard to find cuniform speakers where we live.

I'm afraid that if my kids don't master cuniform by eight, then anyone listening to them will realize they aren't native speakers.

Good moms don't use computer-based cuniform curricula. You really must find a native speaker.

You know, the problem with this thread is - too much twaddle!

Twaddle? Please quote some unnamed authority on homeschooling so that we can all understand what you mean by twaddle. :biggrinjester: I've never read this thread or twaddle so I know all about both of them. I love this thread and will be serving various rum drinks with umbrellas at the tiki bar. I'm also serving a wonderful mint drink with no caffeine, alcohol or mint. It is perfect, just like this thread.

You know, because your opinions on this thread aren't valid unless you've raised a kid to double digits. Or something. :D

Reference to an earlier thread complaining about opinionated posters that only have young kids.

I must have missed that one. :D

This thread just isn't rigorous enough for me.

:D:auto:

Actually, I've found that people only use it because it sounds rigorous. They are pushing their children through the thread and they aren't retaining anything. My children are only working for 5 minutes a month on a different thread, but they have a much deeper understanding. You can use the link in my signature if you want to learn more about it.

This thread offends me. I don't think my sons need to learn how to read or write, and I resent the "woman made" standards. What's next? The government giving me a pack of peas for my forced vasectomy?

This entire thread needs to be deleted and the topic banned. I nearly spit coffee all over my monitor and keyboard.

Edited by Happyhomemama

Well,

:smilielol5:

I'd really like to continue reading this thread, but first I need to know how old the OP believes the Earth is.

Really? In a clearly neutral thread like this you think that's the most important thing? Well...different strokes and all...I guess. Bless your heart.

I'm more concerned about what style guide is used and how she uses her frozen peas. Her actual HSing credentials might be an issue, the double digits things. Nuff said.

I've been thinking a lot about this thread. I had a wonderful idea about printing it all out, then cutting each post apart and filing them into folders for each week of school.

But then I thought that maybe I should get them bound instead. I just don't know if I should go with comb binding or those cool Circa machines.

On the other hand, if I don't bind it, I would be able to make a lapbook out of it . . .

I've been thinking a lot about this thread. I had a wonderful idea about printing it all out, then cutting each post apart and filing them into folders for each week of school.

But then I thought that maybe I should get them bound instead. I just don't know if I should go with comb binding or those cool Circa machines.

On the other hand, if I don't bind it, I would be able to make a lapbook out of it . . .

There's a lapbook template somewhere in this post.

Actually, I've found that people only use it because it sounds rigorous. They are pushing their children through the thread and they aren't retaining anything. My children are only working for 5 minutes a month on a different thread, but they have a much deeper understanding. You can use the link in my signature if you want to learn more about it.

Have you considered what will happen to your children if you do not have them memorize all the material in this thread? This is truly the best thread ever. Everyone should use it. Children who have not used this thread will reach high school and be unable to understand advanced threads, or be able to critically evaluate thread reviews. All children deserve this thread and I consider it a crime to use anything else, ever. I've been using it for a solid 3 weeks and I can already tell my children know more than any other children we know.

Edited by Penelope