Menu

Myrtle--question for you

I have been looking at that Serge Lang book you recommended to someone to review high school math. Does it include an answer key or, better yet, a solution guide? Is there a second book to go with it? I'm thinking this would be much faster than reviewing all the books dd is going to be doing. Since it's been a few decades since I was in high school.

I have been looking at that Serge Lang book you recommended to someone to review high school math. Does it include an answer key or, better yet, a solution guide? Is there a second book to go with it? I'm thinking this would be much faster than reviewing all the books dd is going to be doing. Since it's been a few decades since I was in high school.

Sometimes both even and odd questions have answers in the back if the questions are hard. It looks like the odds are given if the question is asking for what amounts to a calculation and for the "prove that" problems the full proof is given in the back of the book.

There is no second book.

Another option that is cheaper than buying Lang is just to go to a used book store and buy someone's old college texts for a few dollars a piece. This might be a better idea for someone whose last math class was in high school rather than college. The used book store near my house sells them along with solution guides.

Another option that is cheaper than buying Lang is just to go to a used book store and buy someone's old college texts for a few dollars a piece. This might be a better idea for someone whose last math class was in high school rather than college. The used book store near my house sells them along with solution guides.

Thanks. I may do this instead. I enjoy the Gelfand's and have used Charon's answers, but he only has them for the first book.

Thanks. I may do this instead. I enjoy the Gelfand's and have used Charon's answers, but he only has them for the first book.

Are you ready for Gelfand's Trig?

There was some discussion at my house about doing a solutions guide for that also. If there seemed like there was a demand for it we could do it.

Are you ready for Gelfand's Trig?

There was some discussion at my house about doing a solutions guide for that also. If there seemed like there was a demand for it we could do it.

Not yet, although we do plan on using that. I've done trig, but that was back in high school. Dh is the only one in our house who has ever used it in the real world when he was doing forest management.