Menu

And...she rubbed the deodorant down in the TEA ROOM?! :svengo:

Yeah, that was kind of my reaction. I was really enlightened that day to all kinds of new and interesting things.

Oh - and I do mean she just applied it to the top/front. Not all crooks and crannies or anything. Not that I was paying close attention out of the corner of my eye or anything.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ladies crack me up -- and inspired me. I read the start of this thread a few days ago and it got me to reconsidering the epilator I recently bought. I'd tried it out on my legs (just fine) and my armpits (Yowsers! I couldn't use deoderant for 3 days!) and shelved it.

But not long ago, I was trying on pants with my 5 yo daughter and mid-change she piped up, "Mama, you have fur sticking out of your underwear!" Hot blush! :blush: I usually go au natural and wear a skirted sporty swimsuit in the summer. I have no interest in complete hardwood and looking like a prepubescent girl, but I pulled that epilator out, gritted my teeth and with surprisingly less pain than the armpits, I now have a sleek runner in my tearoom. Nothing escaping from my undies to embarras me in the dressing room and my husband was quite pleased and moved to show me his appreciation. :blush: Thanks, girls.

Edited by HLDoll
spelling

You ladies crack me up -- and inspired me. I read the start of this thread a few days ago and it got me to reconsidering the epilator I recently bought. I'd tried it out on my legs (just fine) and my armpits (Yowsers! I couldn't use deoderant for 3 days!) and shelved it.

But not long ago, I was trying on pants with my 5 yo daughter and mid-change she piped up, "Mama, you have fur sticking out of your underwear!" Hot blush! :blush: I usually go au natural and wear a skirted sporty swimsuit in the summer. I have no interest in complete hardwood and looking like a prebuscent girl, but I pulled that epilator out, gritted my teeth and with surprisingly less pain than the armpits, I now have a sleek runner in my tearoom. Nothing escaping from my undies to embarras me in the dressing room and my husband was quite pleased and moved to show me his appreciation. :blush: Thanks, girls.

See? And you thought you were here to decide which Latin program to use! :D

Same deodorant on armpits and teA room? That does seem unhygienic. I thought about deodorant BEFORE I got rid of the carpet in the teA room. For me that is one of the joys of hardwoods in the teA room, no fibers to trap smell, therefore the smell has disappeared.

I once bought a deodorant spray by some company specifically for the teA room area. Did not like it at all!!!

Ladies, I hate to break it to you but unless you have had designer V surgery (aka "rejuvenation"), even going Brazilian bald is not going to make you look pre-pubescent. That area ages just like the rest of our bodies!

It might in fact hide the true situation!

Ladies, I hate to break it to you but unless you have had designer V surgery (aka "rejuvenation"), even going Brazilian bald is not going to make you look pre-pubescent. That area ages just like the rest of our bodies!

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

That is what I have been saying. The "look" really has nothing to do with it.

• 5 months later...
Mine doesn't find it unattractive, and carpet removal is a relatively new thing in our marriage. He's okay with the floors in any condition as long as there's teA time.

That said, he has indicated that he will spend more time being on eye level with the floor when the carpet has been removed. Fewer fibers end up in his mouth.:blushing:

:eek:I was going fine with this thread up until I read this... :smilielol5::smilielol5:

:eek:I was going fine with this thread up until I read this... :smilielol5::smilielol5:

I cannot believe this thread has been resurrected!:lol:

Dh and I were talking about this today as there was something on the radio. He can't imagine why someone would subject themselves to the pain.

I cannot believe this thread has been resurrected!:lol:

Dh and I were talking about this today as there was something on the radio. He can't imagine why someone would subject themselves to the pain.

Well I certainly don't... for the most part... :leaving:

Oh Good Grief! First, I log on earlier today and am in a fit of giggles over the polls and now I find this thread AGAIN.

What I want to know is this...what were your search parameters that caused this thread to pop up in your search results?:lol::tongue_smilie:

EDITED: Nevermind....I just saw the "What is your favorite thread poll....I missed that one earlier. So I wonder how many more of those are going to be resurrected!

Edited by 5LittleMonkeys

EDITED: Nevermind....I just saw the "What is your favorite thread poll....I missed that one earlier. So I wonder how many more of those are going to be resurrected!

Exactly how I found it lol... Now I just need the links for the other threads and my day will be complete :D

Exactly how I found it lol... Now I just need the links for the other threads and my day will be complete :D

And I will confess, I'm not a superior searcher by any means, but I always manage to find this one because I can't forget one of the tags: "cheese grater issues". :lol: So THAT is the secret to successfully finding this thread with the search feature. It's the only thread so tagged. :auto:

And I will confess, I'm not a superior searcher by any means, but I always manage to find this one because I can't forget one of the tags: "cheese grater issues". :lol: So THAT is the secret to successfully finding this thread with the search feature. It's the only thread so tagged. :auto:

:smilielol5:

Never paid attention to the tags before. Tubbie Gummies?

:smilielol5:

This thread is not complete without the D.I.Y. carpet removal story!!!

I have no idea where I first heard this. It made the rounds years ago, no clue who originally posted it at mothering.com where I heard it.

I found just now by googling "mom wax stuck to tub" :lol:

Read this ----> Hair Removal

*standard disclaimers apply

:lol::lol::lol: It took several tries to read this to hubby, because I could not make it through without laughing until I had tears.

• 4 months later...
Speaking of teA room mishaps:

Last summer I was hugely pregnant. (I had not groomed my teA room carpet in some time, as I could not see down there.) Dh was a work and the littles were napping so I decided to take a bath. I was relaxing in the tub and was trying to scooch down in the water when I discovered that I could not move. My tush was stuck. I reached below my burgeoning belly to discover that one of my fabulous children had left GUM in the tub.

The doors to my magic treehouse were now glued shut with hot bubble gum and my whole derierre was adhered to the tub. I scraped the gum with my fingernails until I could extricate myself from the tub.

I waddled over to the commode and tried to wipe it off with tissue. Upon contact with the air, however, the gum had hardened. So now my princess parts were caked with gum and bits of toilet tissue. Nice. I couldn't even void because there was so much gum. I swear, it was like the child had deposited an entire packet of masticated Big League Chew on the bottom of my tub.

I had to call dh home from work to attend to things as I was terrified that I would lacerate myself if I attempted to remove the gum with scissors, what with my visibility being limited and all.

Gum is now banned from the house.

Bahahahaha! :lol: :lol:

I just have to ask. When did it become fashionable to remove the carpeting from the TeA room? I can't imagine doing it and my dh would freak out. I think I'll just remain natural and not suffer needlessly for beauty(???) that so few will see.

:iagree: I was thinking the exact same thing. I've been married for almost 32 years, and it's not been a problem this long, so I'm not changing a thing. :D

OK, I've read this thread and others and I "get" what teA is, but is there a thread, or can someone PM me and give me the details of the origins of teA and any specific info that would help me understand some of the inside comments here - I'm truely curious

I'd also like to know!

• 1 month later...

Wowser! I about spewed my wine out of my mouth while on the first page. This is the subject matter that hubby and I argue about every month. He wants me to get rid of the carpet there. :001_huh:Sorry no can do!! I did it once and it was HORRIBLE (shaving). Ingrown fibers, pink bumps and so on...I refuse to do it again.

This thread is a keeper but still very leery about doing this.

Holly

I love this thread, I love this board <3

well, I was asked to remove the carpet once and um, nooo, not gonna do it. But, recently I did some trimming and shaving outlining areas and I have to say I like it- much neater. I'm trying to get the courage up to go for a waxing. Not bare, but thinking just a nice triangle area rug and neaten up the sides. There is a place near me that specializes in the brazilian, I'm thinking they would do a good job with a lesser job. I hope.

With removing it entirely, I'd be kind of worried about damage to your skin. :tongue_smilie: