Menu

I just got back from my dd's graduation where she finished Summa Cum Laude....

I am just so proud of her. I didn't realize how emotional this would be for me. She was homeschooled from 4th grade through high school and I can't tell you all how many times I doubted my ability to prepare her, my doubts about curricula and hsing in general, and all the feelings that my inadequacies would hinder her success.....

Now she :party:graduated with a BA in Fine Arts with Summa Cum Laude....not one grade below an A-......

:party:

All those years of worry...stress...fear...and most of all endurance has paid off....

One done...six to go...LOL

~~Sending encouragement to you all....

Faithe

That is WONDERFUL!!! I can just imagine how proud you are. Congratulations to your dd and to YOU for all of your work and dedication.

It is always inspiring to read posts like this. Thank you for letting us know of your great news.

All those years of worry...stress...fear...and most of all endurance has paid off....

Faithe

I didn't know the worry, stress, and fear helped, but glad to hear it! :)

You should be proud of her! And of the job you did. Thanks for sharing this with us and giving encouragement.

I didn't know the worry, stress, and fear helped, but glad to hear it! :)

You should be proud of her! And of the job you did. Thanks for sharing this with us and giving encouragement.

Are you kidding??? Of course the worry...fear and stress helped....They are the fuel that keeps me going...hahahahahaha...

No really...you have no idea....or maybe you do....hmmmmmm:D

She was homeschooled from 4th grade through high school and I can't tell you all how many times I doubted my ability to prepare her, my doubts about curricula and hsing in general, and all the feelings that my inadequacies would hinder her success.....

How wonderful! Raising these children and guiding them into adulthood has enough angst. Add to that the apprehension that can come from taking complete charge of their K-12 education! It's so encouraging to hear of home educated kids that are doing well in work, college and beyond. Thanks so much for sharing!

Many blessings,

Lisa

I am just so proud of her. I didn't realize how emotional this would be for me. She was homeschooled from 4th grade through high school and I can't tell you all how many times I doubted my ability to prepare her, my doubts about curricula and hsing in general, and all the feelings that my inadequacies would hinder her success.....

Now she :party:graduated with a BA in Fine Arts with Summa Cum Laude....not one grade below an A-......

Faithe

And thank you for the encouragement. As bittersweet as it can be to have the little ones fly the nest, I love hearing about all the directions they go when they do. It is encouraging. :)

Congratulations! I understand completely about the emotions of seeing your son or daughter graduate. I have homeschooled my kids since kindergarten, and my daughter is graduating in 2 weeks. I had doubts all along the way if I could do this or not. Now when I see how well she has done, it is very encouraging.