Menu

Dr. Hive: Cough medicine that won't make me sleepy?

Any ideas?

I've got a gig tomorrow night, playing an opera (see avatar).

I've had a minor cold all week, thought I was fine, went to practice tonight, and just. keep. coughing. It's not deep and chesty, just irritated, kwim?

I Can. Not. Cough while I'm playing tomorrow night!!!!! And I can't be all loopy and drugged up, or else I'll break into strange bassoon music in the middle of the opera.

Who's got a no-fail remedy?

Any ideas?

I've got a gig tomorrow night, playing an opera (see avatar).

I've had a minor cold all week, thought I was fine, went to practice tonight, and just. keep. coughing. It's not deep and chesty, just irritated, kwim?

I Can. Not. Cough while I'm playing tomorrow night!!!!! And I can't be all loopy and drugged up, or else I'll break into strange bassoon music in the middle of the opera.

Who's got a no-fail remedy?

frequent, [small] sips of water? Hope it works out.

Great ideas.

I wish I could suck on a Ricola - they usually do the trick, but they'll kill the wood in my reed :(

Delsym and water it is, and I'm going to save the honey trick in my "file" - I'm not sure it will work fast enough for tomorrow night's performance.

Great ideas.

I wish I could suck on a Ricola - they usually do the trick, but they'll kill the wood in my reed :(

Delsym and water it is, and I'm going to save the honey trick in my "file" - I'm not sure it will work fast enough for tomorrow night's performance.

Oops...forgot about the reed! Well, nice thought anyway. They work great for me when I'm singing (no reed involved)!