Menu

SeaWorld

We love Sea World, but ds is very into animals. We live nearby and have annual passes because we enjoy it so much. We also like to do the behind the scenes tours, but they are an additional $12+ per person ($12 is for the really cheap ones, most of them are more, some a LOT more so we don't do those). There is a Cirque du Soleil style show, and some other shows and a few rides, but it is mostly about the animals.

If your children are really into the animals and that sort of thing then it's worth it IMO. If they are more into theme parks and rides and such then it's not worth it.

My kids will wait an hour to see Shamu, no problem, and consider it time well spent; then again, we still get in free because we are military (actually, I think we had to pay for one of the boys the last time we went, but it was still a steal for an entire day at Sea World).

We were there last fall with kids, teens and adults of all ages. Everyone loved it. They have thrill rides, shows, animals, etc. Definitely worth it, IMO. The water park, Aquatica is great too! I can't remember what we paid for passes, but if you keep checking the Sea World site they sometimes offer a flat fee for so many days.

Depends on if the kids are really into animals and such. My kids enjoyed it as much or more than many of the Disney parks but if your kids aren't into animals then I might pass. Check for deals such as dining plans, discounts, etc.

We thought it was quite expensive and probably won't go back again...although we did enjoy it.

We had gone to Disneyland and Legoland 4 days running...and then went to Sea World. In hindsight, I wish that we had started with Sea World--because the Disneyland rides kinda trumped everything at Sea World. Now, my kids love animals and did find the shows fascinating...but it just wasn't close to the magic of Disney.

NO! We just went to Sea World last week and got in for free. We were glad we did too otherwise, I think we would have been asking for our money back. That said, we are HUGE animal lovers and the boys love Sea World, the issue was that so many of their favorite exhibits were closed or under refurbishment. (This is Sea World CA by the way.) We couldn't get as close to the dolphins anymore, no rays or eels for another year, manatees were gone, Shamu exhibit closed too. We still had fun seeing the animals, but it just wasn't the same--we don't do shows. We were out of the park in two hours.

If you can get one of those city pass deals, it may be worth it. Also, if you have plans to go more than once (buy one day, go again the rest of the year free thing) it might be a better deal.

If you're in CA, I'd go to the zoo instead. It has really improved over the last few years.

I only recall one roller coaster @ Sea World Orlando, and it was a real beast! There is also a log flume-style ride. I don't recall any other rides.

My dh said that Sea World San Diego did not have a coaster the last time he was there, which was two years ago.

San Diego has the Atlantis splash "coaster," and the river raft ride. I think you get pretty wet on both.

We loved Sea World when we went a few years ago. We were able to get an unlimited pass for the same cost as a one day pass -- it was an offer on their website, and we bought it in February. We were only able to go twice, but even so, I thought it was very reasonable. I haven't been on their site since, but when I was looking they had all sorts of good deals, also deals combining Sea World and Busch Gardens.

When we lived in San Antonio, we had season passes to Sea World. It was absolutely worth every cent. My kids LOVE animals and water but not the rides. But even so, a season pass was well-used. I do think the price for just 1 day is too high priced.

:iagree:with this for sure! If you can go more than once a year, the season pass is so worth it. I used to have the silver pass which game me free parking and therefore paid my monthly fee with just one entrance, the rest of the family got the buy-a-day-get-a-year passes and we always got them in January. We went nearly once a week for an hour or so. It was a great spot for the boys to play. (it helped too that we lived around the corner.)

Which Sea World would you be going to? I've been to the one in Orlando several times, and I would not pay $72/person for one day. We have passes, so that makes it reasonable. Sea World Orlando does have a few good rides and there are the animals, but I don't think it's all that great. If your childen are really interested in sea animals, then maybe, but if they just want regular animals and rides I would either do Disney's Animal Kingdom or Busch Gardens in Tampa. If you are coming to Orlando, then I would recommend considering a day or two at Busch Gardens. It is really a great park, and a lot less crowded than Disney. They have tons of rides for all ages and lots of animals and really great shows. We have passes there, too, and we can only do about half the park in one full day. I could on and on about BG. Of all the parks in Florida (and I've lived here all my life), it's my favorite. Disney's fun, especially if you have little ones who want the "magic" of Disney, but if you have older kids who want to go on a bunch of really cool roller coasters and see quite a bit of wildlife and maybe a few shows, you can't beat Busch Gardens. It's about 1.5-2 hours southwest of Orlando. And no, I'm not a spokesperson, just an enthusiast :)