Menu

Recommendations for hair products to replace Aveda?

I'm looking for ways to trim our expenses. Love Aveda "blue malva" shampoo, "brilliant" conditioner, and "phomollient" (sp?) styling mousse. They're awfully expensive, though, and I'm looking for less expensive alternatives.

So far I've tried Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner. They are nice, but not quite what our fine, aging hair needs (dh and mine).

I know regular Pantene has a bad rep, but I am wondering about their Pro-line. My dd has used their restorative conditioner and liked it. Any experiences with it? Or other brands to try?

I prefer natural personal care products but I have very thick hair, and Pantene is the best thing I've found. I use the regular variety. I like it better than the Pro line.

I can't always get it in my area, but when available, I buy the Pantene Conditioner for women of color. That is absolutely the best conditioner I have found for my thick, dry, strawberry blonde hair.