Menu

How do I get hard water film off my BlendTec plastic blender jar?

Straight white vinegar didn't work. I've only had it a month and a half, and never put it in the dishwasher because the water is so hard here the dishwasher puts a nasty white film on everything. But it's happening anyway! HELP-these things cost $400, and I want to keep it nice. Is there anything in Magic Eraser that would ruin the plastic?

Hard water can permanently etch materials, including glass and plastic. To prevent etching, you may want to wipe the container dry immediately after washing, and never allow water to stand in the container.

I wouldn't use Magic Eraser because of the toxic materials in it.

We have glass block in our shower that gets stained from our water. I found that vinegar and lemon juice were not strong enough to get the calcium stains off. I have had to take a razor blade to scrape it off (very carefully!). Also, Brillo soap pads were helpful. However, I'm afraid any of the options that work on my glass block would scratch even hard plastic.

Why don't you call the company? They may know of something that is safe to use.